Save Me

The bell rang and we all stood up. The happiness in Tanjirou's smile was restored, "Thanks Zenitsu, that really means a lot to me!" He placed his hand on my shoulder, "Just so you know, I have to stay after school today to help out a teacher so I won't be able to walk home with you. You can walk home with Nezuko as long as you don't do anything weird."

The thought of being alone with her made me blush a bright red hue, Tanjirou laughed,

"Don't get lost in your own fantasies now! The bell rang, we have class!!"

"O-Oh sorry!"

............

The day came to an end quickly, I packed my bags and walked out to the courtyard, I was staring at the clouds when I heard something, a scream. It was a scream that I recognized,

Nezuko-chan.

I felt my heart stop, a feeling of deep despair formed in my gut. Without thinking I dropped my stuff and ran in the direction that I heard the sound and when I turned the corner I saw something that I couldn't stomach. Nezuko-chan's arms were pinned to a wall, and she was being harassed by two Juniors.

"Come on sweetheart, just give me a little kiss!" One of them smirked, he placed his hand on her cheek,

"Lemme see what's under that skirt~" Nezuko-chan tried to scream again but the other dude covered her mouth,

I couldn't stand what I was seeing, the anger within me boiled over, "Hey bastards! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I yelled as I ran over there, Nezuko-chan turned to look at me, but the guy in front of Nezuko-chan grabbed her face to force her to look at him.

"Look who it is, the school crybaby! Why are you here?"

I was too enraged to answer them, "Get your grubby hands off of her right now!! You shitbags!!"

The guy in front of her scoffed, "What are you gonna do if we don't? Cry?!" He turned back to Nezuko-chan, "Now then, how about you come to my house baby~?"

I could see tears streaming down Nezuko-chan's face. That was my breaking point, without a second thought I punched the guy who was pinning her down, I hit him with such great force that he fell unconscious. I turned around and tried to get to Nezuko-chan but the other guy punched me in the jaw before I could.

I stumbled backwards. It hurt so bad I ended falling to the ground,

"Tch, I don't have time to deal with this shit." He spat, "You're just a spineless fool!!"

I looked at him with pure annihilation in my eyes, I was so furious you could probably see steam coming out of my ears, I guess he didn't expect someone like me to be able to look that scary because when he saw me do that he staggered back and ran away out of fear.

I stood up and brushed myself off, Nezuko-chan who was watched the whole thing ran up to me in tears and hugged me really tight,

".....I.....was so......scared.....but you saved me...!" She said to me between sobs, "I didn't......want you to get hurt!!!" She had her head buried in my chest and she was shaking, a lot. Seeing her like this was so painful to watch it made me tear up. I wrapped my arms around her trembling body, If only I came sooner..... I took my hand and rubbed her back to comfort her.

"Shhhh, it's okay, everything is okay now, they're gone." I put my other hand on her head and pulled her in for an even tighter embrace, "Won't let this happen to you ever again. I promise." After she calmed down a bit I grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze,

"Come on, I'll walk you home."