Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Leave

She sighed when she went out of the room. The question lingered on her mind. Why, Juvia? Why? She asked. Why would she reject the one she loves? Isn’t that perfect when someone you love, loves you back? Isn’t that the perfect timing for what you’ve wished for?

She came down to catch up with her other friends. Since, they are many, some rode the elevator already and some stay to wait for the next ride. And Juvia became uncomfortable when she saw that Gray had stayed. She will be with Gray on the next ride. She became more worried.

Why, Juvia? Why did you do that? He already liked you before…

“-Juvia?” She was surprised when someone just snapped near her face. She jumped in surprise.

“You’re spacing out? Something wrong? The elevator will come soon.” She couldn’t believe who talked to her. It was Gray.

He talked to me. He talked to me voluntarily. Without forcing him to talk to me. She thought.

It was hard for Juvia to talk to Gray before. Having a conversation with Gray is like begging for some pennies that will not come. It was like that for, Juvia.

“Uh…okay. I’m sorry.” Juvia said. She couldn’t hide her smile on her face so she looked down. When they heard the door opens, they went inside the elevator. Loki, Mira, Gajeel, Levy, Gray and Juvia were inside the elevator. She felt uncomfortable beside Gray. It felt awkward with her.

“Did you see the baby? He looked exactly like Natsu.” Juvia blinked and looked around to make sure Gray was talking to her. Apparently, he is.

“Uh…yes.” She nodded awkwardly. Then, the door opens again. Three people went inside so they had to move and compress.

Juvia felt electricity when Gray’s skin touched hers. It was just a small amount of skin but it felt something to her. It was just a few moments but it meant something to her. Her skin couldn’t help but to rise. She had to rub her skin just to keep it down.

She looked at Gray. And he was still the same. His expressions were blank and cold. It made her shiver again. Those stare that she’d like even now. Even if it was cold and snobbish. She liked Gray snobbish and cold. Juvia was still amazed on how gorgeous he was. He had grown. Hs biceps had grown bigger too; Juvia thought that he had exceptional abs too, hidden underneath his v-neck white shirt.

Then the door opens again and they were on the ground floor. When Gray glanced at her, she had to look away and started walking. Inside Juvia’s head, she has been hysterically talking to herself.

Juvia, why’d you dump him? Why? And why are you still looking at him like you still like him? I am drooling over him. Still!

She doesn’t like what she feels. By the time, they met their friends outside the hospital; she had so many excuses in her mind. Many excuses that she would not go to her friends and party. Maybe, she could excuse herself being sick?

Yes, I have a bad stomach happening? Or maybe cramps? What else? Oh yes! Maybe, work! Yes. Yes. I need to get away. I need to freaking escape.

“So, come on?” Loki asked and they all nodded.

“Guy, I think I need to go.” Juvia said before they started walking towards their cars.

“What? But why?” Mira asked.

Levy asked Juvia too. “Juvia, you only appeared today. We haven’t seen you for years!”