Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Fixed Marriage?

“Marry me, Juvia, for Xander’s sake. For our baby’s sake. It’s for the best. He’ll have a father and he’ll have a mother. Both Fullbuster.”

Juvia freaked out. She stood up and argued with Gray. “Gray, you can be a father to Xander without marrying me. I’m not taking your rights to be his father. You can give him your name. But marriage?” She exclaimed. “T-that’s a big risk, Gray.”

Gray’s face doesn’t change. It was still normal. He is sure determined to be married. He remained calm as he talked. “I want to give the best for my son, Juvia. Let’s get married. I don’t want Xander to have unwedded parents.”

“But Gray…” She complained.

“What?” He asked; eyebrows were raise. He remained calm as possible but deep inside, he’s mad of her sight freaking out. He felt mad and hurt at the same time. He was mad because he knew Juvia will not accept his proposal, and hurt because of the same thing.

“I can’t…” She said. He gulped. He felt like he was stabbed, perfectly in the heart.

Why? Didn’t she love me anymore? Why? Why? Fucking why, Juvia? He wanted to shout to show his anger. To show his frustration. To show what he is feeling. But he can’t. He knew Juvia would cry. He knew it will hurt Juvia.

Fuck this; I’m even considering her feelings. What about mine?

“I’m not stopping you to be Xander’s father. You can change his surname to be a Fullbuster. That’s fine by me, Gray. But this marriage, I can’t accept it.” Hearing it again made him angry again.

He brushed his hand on his hair. He can’t stop his emotion. It’s too much for him to handle. “Fucking stop, Juvia!” He yelled.

Juvia flinched. He growled at her. She is afraid. She has always been. She looked down and her eyes are getting blur because of her tears. “I’m sorry.”

“Stop saying sorry, Juvia! Stop saying it! Just stop!” He growled again. That made her tremble in fear. “You’re sorry will not change anything Juvia! It will not! You just keep on saying sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Fucking sorry, Juvia! I’m tired of your apologies.”

Definitely, Gray was tried. Emotionally and physically. He was drained and empty, thinking about why Juvia had to leave him; thinking about why Juvia hide from him; thinking why Juvia had to hide that he had a son from her.

Gray breathed heavily, trying to calm himself. Juvia nervously looked at him. Her heart sank at the sight of him. He looked mad and hurt at the same time. He can’t control his emotions anymore. Gray doesn’t show much these kinds of emotions but now, in front of Juvia, she can clearly see what he is feeling.

“Gray…” She tried to reach for Gray. Gray declined. Juvia’s face fell.

Gray could not let him touch her. For being touch by Juvia would made him lost. And he doesn’t want to be lost. Now that, Juvia had rejected her again. He thought of Juvia, the times when she was being rejected by him. It feels sucks. That’s how he felt. And maybe, he was paying for all the stupid rejection he had brought to Juvia.

Gray stood up and sighed. He saw Juvia’s sad face. He couldn’t help it. He dared not to look at her. He made his decision. He wanted to marry Juvia. Juvia might hate him for doing this. But he is very determined to do it.

He looked at Juvia with his calm and cold look. “I’m sorry, Juvia.” Juvia looked absent-mindedly at him. “I’m sorry I can’t accept your refusal for what I’m asking you. I will no longer ask you for that because I will arrange this wedding for my son. I want the best for my son, Juvia. I’m doing this for Xander. You’ll marry me, no questions asked.”