Chapter 3

Chapter 3

His Past

Gray went out of the bar with anger. He doesn’t get himself. When he went outside, he kicked his truck in frustration of what happened earlier. He regrets what he had said to her.

“Fuck,” he muttered and slammed the door of his truck again.

He opened the door and went inside. He didn’t start his car immediately. Instead, he shut his eyes tightly, remembering what he had done earlier. When he saw Juvia went out of the room, he followed her. He doesn’t know why. He just did it. He felt like Juvia was leaving again, without saying anything to her friends or to him.

No, you can’t leave again. You just came back. He thought. You can’t fucking leave again without me knowing it.

So he followed her. He felt relief when he saw her going to the rest room. Right, there’s no restroom in their room. Then he thought for a second that he will recommend to the manager of this bar to have a restroom on their private rooms. And he thought again that he’s going crazy. He doesn’t know why he waited for her to come out. He kept blaming that it’s the alcohol. Yeah, it’s just the alcohol.

But he was wrong. It was more than that. He knew it was more than that. He doesn’t want to admit that he had missed her, even if she ran away from him. Even if she dumped him. Over the years they hadn’t seen each other, he kept thinking about why she left. He thought that everything was fine with them. Everything was fine until that day.

By the time Juvia went out of the restroom, he saw a guy hovering around Juvia. Fuck, he thought. At first, Gray thought that Juvia can handle it. She was a brave girl. But then, when he saw how Juvia pushed that prick away, he went over to her. He was angry for telling himself that Juvia can handle it. She can’t. She pulled away Juvia from that guy and warned the guy he’s going to kill him.

Damn. Damn. Damn. Gray was holding her once again. And that made him curse more. Damn. Damn. Damn. Why did I follow her? He thought. Fuck, if I didn’t follow her, then she’d be in trouble. He thought again. But she left me. Why would I chase after the woman who left me? Fuck! Fuck! Fuck the alcohol.

That thought made him angrier. He remembered her leaving. He remembered how he can’t find Juvia when she said ‘It was over.’ He remembered how wreck he was. He remembered being punched by Gajeel. He remembered himself punching Gajeel for not telling where she is. He remembered himself hiring a private investigator just to search for her. He remembered how lovely it was being with her. He remembered how soft her lips was, how sweet her voice were, how wonderful her laughs were. Gray remembered everything. And that thought made him lose all his self-control.

He slammed the steering wheel with his hands. He just lost his self-control that she shouted at Juvia. He thought he was okay with it. He still wasn’t fine with it. He kept asking himself for all the time Juvia is gone and nowhere to be found, “Why did she left?” , “Why is she hiding from him? Even from their friends?” , “Did I say something that she doesn’t like?” , “Or did I hurt her without me knowing it?”

He kept looking for answers, but it can be found. Because Juvia is gone. She can’t be found. He knew Gajeel could help him. He knew that.

“Gajeel, where’s Juvia?” He asked Gajeel, calmly.

“Dude, I don’t know. She isn’t telling me.” Gajeel answered. But it wasn’t enough for Gray.

He was getting annoyed with him. “Gajeel, please tell me where Juvia is. She’s not in your house. She’s not in her dorm, too. Where is she? You’re the brother! You’re the one who should know!”