Wisdom's Revenge | Olympus' Traitor #2 - Excerpt

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Good riddance," Athena muttered after they were gone.

《 5 YEARS LATER 》

Four hooded figures stood on the banks of a milky white river. "This is the last chance to turn back, anyone having second thoughts?" one of them, a guy, asked the group. Instantly everyone gave their affirmatives, no one was turning back. They were ready. "Good, see you on the other side. Hopefully," the guy grinned before stepping into the river. Everyone else quickly followed suit.

#      #      #

Percy sat on a log in the Hunt's camp, face weary and eyes full of pain. Aether had been kidnapped by Annabeth five years ago today, and there had still been no sign of him. It was almost like the two had completely disappeared off of the face of the earth. "Dad, you okay?" one of the twins, who were now almost sixteen, asked as she walked over.

"I'm fine, Angel," Percy said with a forced smile.

"I miss him too," Angel said softly. She then held out her arms, and Percy wrapped her in a hug. Both silently cried for the lost son, and brother, Aether.

After a few moments a cry pierced the silence of the grieving campsite. Pulling apart from the hug, both father and daughter gazed into the night. "Is that?" Percy started.

"I think so," Angel confirmed. "It came from over there," she pointed off into the night. As if to confirm the statement, another wail came from the direction she was pointing. Together, the pair then ran off towards where the cries were coming from. As they neared they could see that it was exactly what they thought it was, nestled in between the roots of a tree lay a swaddled newborn. Without a second thought, Angel immediately rushed over and scooped up the baby in her arms. "Shh," she quietly soothed as she bounced on the balls of her feet slightly to rock the baby. "It'll be alright. Angel is here now." As if she could understand the baby calmed down and opened her piercing purple eyes. Somehow, and she had no idea how, Angel knew that this child was a girl. "I think I'll call you Sophie. Do you like that?" she said softly.

Together, father and daughter then walked back to camp with their new charge.

《 5 YEARS LATER 》

Another five years had passed without any sign of Aether, but the Jackson family along with the Hunt still had not given up hope. He was out there, somewhere, they could feel it. At the moment, however, Percy and Thalia along with their kids were approaching a rundown house somewhere in Colorado. They were on assignment from Artemis, apparently there were two young kids in there stuck with an abusive stepfather after their mom had died. As they neared the front door, the sound of slurred yelling and breaking glass could be heard. In a panic Percy forgot all about stealth and kicked down the door, his only concern was the kids. The door flew off of its hinges as Percy stepped inside, a small knife that he used for situations just like this held at the ready. The sight he saw made his blood boil. In the corner of the room huddled to little kids who looked to be about five or six in age and appeared to be twins. The girl had dark brown hair, almost black, with eyes a similar shade. The boy had the same colored hair as his sister, but his eyes were much lighter. He crouched protectively in front of the girl, blood dripping down his cheek from a series of long cuts stretching from his left temple down to his chin. An overweight man with a beer-stained shirt stood directly in front of them, a knife dripping blood held in his hand.

"I told you," the man drunkenly thundered, too drunk to notice the group standing in the broken door frame. "To get me another beer!"

"They're all gone," the boy whimpered.

"Then go get more!" the pig yelled, spit flying from his mouth as he raised the knife once again, causing the two children to cower away as much as they could.

"Lay another finger on those kids, and I'll make you wish you had never been born," Percy growled.

The disgusting pig turned to see who had spoken. "Get out of my house, this is a family thing," he slurred. His gaze then turned to Thalia. "She can stay though," he said, licking his lips.

Thalia's face went red with anger and she went to March forward, mortal knife glinting dangerously in her hand, but Percy held her back. "What are you doing? Let me castrate this pig," she growled.

"And I have no intention of stopping you, but-" Percy said, finishing with a nod towards the kids in the corner.

"I told you to get out of my house!" the man roared as he charged. Rolling his eyes, Percy merely stepped to the side and slammed him on the back of the head with the hilt of his knife. This caused the pig to collapse to the ground, out cold. With help from Asteria and Kairos, Thalia then dragged him into the next room.

Percy and Angel then slowly approached the two children, who cowered back at the sight of the strangers approaching. "Please, don't hurt us," the girl whimpered.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you," Percy soothed. "I'm Percy, and this is Angel. We're here to help."

"Let me help you," Angel said softly, hand held out and glowing a slight silver.

"No, stay away from us!" the boy cried, eyes flashing a slight yellow before a small amount of golden light exploded outwards from him. It wasn't a lot, or very powerful, but it made Percy and Angel squint slightly.

Reaching the last few inches Angel placed her hand on the boy's cheek, which caused him to flinch. As her hand rested there it gave off a gentle silver glow that spread to the rest of the left side of his face. After a few moments Angel removed her hand, revealing that the boy's cuts had been healed. All that remained were a couple of light scars. "Better?" Angel asked.

The boy nodded his head. "Thank you."

"We'll get you out of here, and somewhere safe," Percy said. "But first, what are your names?"

"I'm Zoey Brightshadow, and this is my brother Jason," the girl said quietly.

"Nice to meet you. Now come on, let's find you a new home," Percy smiled as he held out his hand, Angel did the same. The small group then walked out, Jason holding Angel's hand while Zoey held Percy's.

As they were leaving they could hear a man screaming in pain, but after a few moments it was cut off by a gurgling sound. After a few moments of standing outside, Thalia, followed by Kairos and Asteria, finally emerged. She was wiping blood off her knife with a rag, finishing and stowing it away as she reached her husband, daughter, and the two little children. "Hi," she said as she crouched down. "I'm Thalia. Now let's get you out of here."

A/N: Here's a little sneak peak into the first chapter of the sequel! I hope you enjoyed!

However, I will give you this warning. Due to personal and religious reasons this story (the sequel) will not be updated for two years (Late Oct./Early Nov. of 2022, details on profile).

Anyways, to whoever may be reading this, have a great day!

Sequel can be found on my profile or using this URL:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/245244232-wisdom%27s-revenge-olympus%27s-traitor-2