Chapter 38: New Members

"Well, then I think you'll need these," Percy said with a grin as he reached into his backpack. As he withdrew his hand, Hannah could see the objects that she had left behind.

"Thank you, " Hannah said gratefully as she reached to take the items out of Percy's hand. First grabbing the hand she placed it to her wrist where it fused with a flash of purple light, she then grabbed the black watch and strapped it on her left wrist.

Percy could tell that Clara and Hannah needed some time to talk, so he went off to help some of the other girls secure their new prisoners. It didn't take long. After all, the campers were bound with the bronze cords so all that the Hunters really had to do was to stack them all in a tent and leave a couple of guards. Once that was done Percy walked to the edge of the camp, taking some time to think. As he was walking he noticed Reyna talking to the girl who had led them here, Violet he believed it was.

Sitting on a log, Percy pondered how best to defeat this King, and Annabeth. To Percy there was only one solution, take off in the dead of night and go confront the danger on his own. He wasn't going to risk any more of his friends, or Thalia. Percy couldn't bear it if he lost Thalia. "Hey, you okay?" a concerned Thalia asked as she walked over and sat down next to him. Percy still had a hard time wrapping his head around the fact that she was older now.

"Ya," Percy sighed. "Just thinking."

"What about?"

"Just. . . everything," Percy replied. "After the Giants I thought it was over, but here we are," he said, forcing a laugh.

"Hey, I'm here for you," Thalia reassured as she threw her arm around Percy's shoulder and drew him close. "We face things together, remember?"

Percy immediately felt guilty about his train of thought. He really wanted to protect Thalia, but he also knew what would happen if he just up and left again. Besides, he knew she was more than capable of protecting herself. "Ya, together," Percy affirmed. Percy then went to say something else, but a flash in the middle of the campsite stopped him.

Hermes stepped out, and immediately found nearly two dozen bows pointed at various points on his body that he would rather not have arrows stuck in. "I've come for Percy Jackson," the god announced. "Where is he?"

"Get down," Thalia hissed as she pushed him behind the stray log the couple was sitting on.

"What's it to you?" Hannah said angrily as she confronted the god head-on.

"Get out of my face before you get hurt, demigod," Hermes warned before raising his voice. "Surrender the traitor to me, and I will be on my way."

"I think I speak for everyone when I say that we will not surrender our brother," Thalia announced as she stalked towards the insolent god. "Now begone, you are not welcome in this camp."

"Brother? How quaint. But I'm afraid you have no authority to order me around, my orders come from your father himself," Hermes sneered.

"That is where you are wrong," Thalia said coldly as she stared right into the god's eyes. "You are trespassing, and as Lieutenant of the Hunt I hold the authority here whenever Lady Artemis is gone. And, Drama Queen is no father of mine. He stopped being my father the day he turned on my family."

Hermes reverted his phone back to a caduceus as he marched towards Thalia. "I am a god, and I will do as I please!"

Thalia didn't even flinch as she stared down the god. "No," she responded. "You can't have him."

Eyes flaring dangerously, Hermes backhanded the demigod before him, causing Thalia to go flying nearly fifteen feet. Instantly, he was back in front of her as she struggled to her feet, arrows embedded in the spot where he had been standing. "Where. Is. He?" Hermes demanded angrily.