Chapter 19: Siblings Reunited

Percy, Thalia, Jacob, and Hannah watched as the eagle completed another loop, and then headed away from the camp. "That's towards where we found you guys," Thalia frowned.

Percy's face hardened. "You wait here," he ordered. "Atalanta should intercept them, but I'll make sure that it's not some Greeks that have found us." With that said, Percy and Thalia rushed off towards the border of the camp.

Slightly leaning in each other for support, Jacob and Hannah found a log in the sun to sit down on. They sat in silence, simply enjoying one another's company and the warmth of the sun. Hunters milled around them, talking in lowered voices and sending glances their way. After a while, Jacob started fidgeting and playing with his eye-patch.

"What's wrong?" Hannah asked.

"I hate this thing," Jacob replied while ripping it off. "It's irritating, and I feel like I'm hiding my injuries."

Hannah was about to scold Jacob, but then changed her mind when she noticed something. Maybe thirty feet away there was a girl who looked to be about ten with auburn hair and blue eyes. "Hey, Jake," Hannah said while nudging his shoulder and jerking her head in the girl's direction. "Does she look familiar?"

Jacob frowned, brows knit together in concentration. "It kinda looks like. . ." he trailed off. "But it can't be, she should be back home," he finished in a whisper.

"Talk to her," Hannah urged. "If she's who we think she is, you need to talk to her."

Rising to his feet, Jacob made his way over to the small girl. "Clara?" he asked softly once they were about ten feet apart.

"Jacob!" she exclaimed, running towards him. Clara jumped into his outstretched arms and Jacob twirled around with his sister in his tight embrace. Tears were streaming down both their faces as they reunited. Hannah watched from the log, tears pricking her eyes as she watched the tearful reunion.

"Who does that boy think he is," a hunter growled from next to Hannah, dropping the wood that was in her arms.

Hannah rose and stopped her with a hand as the hunter prepared to march towards the pair. "Let them have this moment."

"Why should I?" she spat. "That male is touching one of my sisters."

"Because that's her brother," Hannah explained. The hunter grumbled and walked away in response.

"Where were you?" Clara sobbed into Jacob's shoulder. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too," Jacob choked out. "I never wanted to leave you, but I thought it was the best way to keep you safe." Setting her back down, Jacob took Clara's hand and led her back to Hannah and the log.

As they got closer Hannah stepped forward and gave Clara a hug. "It's nice to see you again,"

"You too, I missed having a girl to talk to," Clara laughed before the trio sat on the log.

"So," Jacob started. "What's been going on? How's mom? Why are you here?"

Clara's face grew sad. "It's kinda a long story. Percy brought me to the Hunters almost a year ago, but it all started maybe four or five years ago when-" she was interrupted by a commotion at the edge of camp.

#      #      #

"Hey repair boy, how ya been?" Percy said from where he was leaning against a tree, Thalia behind him.

Leo took a deep breath. "Weeeeelllllll," he started, preparing to launch into a long winded story.

"We don't have time for that," Calypso interrupted, knowing what was coming.