Where the Moment Counts

*two and a half weeks later*
*Y/n's POV*

It was two days before Halloween and Y/n was exhausted. She had finally gotten a break from training with Skulker, Ember, and Technis. Y/n was exhausted. She was tired to the point that she didn't care if she crashed in Vlad's room. His bed was more comfortable and she was stressed too from all the training. Vlad was off dealing with an issue with Skulker.

Y/n was mainly trying to calm down. She was to her breaking point and she didn't want to lose control of her awakening Ghost powers. Vlad's room was quieter, safer....

Y/n rolls over, hugging the blankets to her. She was in pain. Skulker was the last to train with her. He thought it was a good idea to train her in hand to hand, which was a bad idea. With his tech-suit, which was all metal, bruised Y/n's hands. Clockwork was on stand-by in case their fight got out of hand. She was half-asleep when the door opens and Vlad steps into the room. He was in sweat pants and without a shirt on.

"So you decided to hide out in my room? And here I thought you preferred the safety of your room," teases Vlad. He makes his way to the bed. "And here you walk in so willingly."

Y/n could tell by the tone of Vlad's voice that it was Vlad talking and not Plasmius. She had to put Plasmius in his place again earlier in the week when he tried to make his move on her. Well a swift punch to the gut told Plasmius otherwise. "Your bed is comfy. Plus I didn't feel like going to my room and waiting for you there," said Y/n.

Vlad stood over Y/n. He leans down to her. "Is this an invitation to you wanting to be with me?"

Blush slowly creeps across Y/n's face. "Yes, Vlad. We may not get another opportunity to be alone like this for a while, well at least until the battle is over."

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad climbs onto the bed and pins Y/n down. He knew she wouldn't struggle. They both wanted this for a while, its just not happening under the best of circumstances. They would have had their night together back at the resort if they didn't have to run into fear. Vlad leans down and kisses Y/n. "You used to be scared to get this close to me," said Vlad.

"So what? I got over that fear since I know I can put Plasmius in his place," said Y/n with a smirk.

"At least your not scared now."

Y/n closes the distance between her and Vlad by pulling him close to her, making him fall on top of her, his weight pressing down on her. She wraps her arms around him. "You're warm..."

"Always am. Now if you want..." Vlad kisses Y/n on her neck, causing her to squeak in surprise. "We can get this show on the road." He gets off of Y/n just enough to have her sit up, helping her take her shirt off. Vlad takes a mental note of some of the bruises on Y/n's body. "Remind me to put Skulker in his place."

"I can have Ember do it for me. She is Skulker's girlfriend."

"Ooff. He could have done better."

"When you are a ghost, there isn't much option for dating." Y/n shivered at the slight chill in the room.

"Nervous?"

Y/n shakes her head. "Why should I be? I'm with the one whom I love. That's what matters."

"Good answer." Vlad takes off Y/n's sports bra, she was now half bare before him. He sees another bruise on her chest. He frowns.

*Y/n's POV*

"It's just a bruise, Vlad. I'm not some porcelain doll." Y/n scoots back a bit to the headboard so she could have a bit more room to take the rest of her clothes off.

Vlad watches Y/n patiently. Good things come to those who wait. He takes off what remains of his closes, leaving his boxers on to tease Y/n.

"Quite being a tease."

"Only for you my dear." Vlad climbs back onto the bed. He was about to start to get things serious with Y/n when there was a knocks at the door. You've got to be kidding me!, Vlad thinks to himself. "What is it?!" Vlad snaps.

"It's me, Danny. The Box Ghost, I mean Benny is here to see Y/n. He said he had something to give to her," said Danny from outside the closed bedroom door.

"I'll tell her when she wakes up from her nap." Vlad listens for a bit, hearing Danny soon walk away from the door. "Talk about a mood killer."

"No kidding," said Y/n as she pushes Vlad off of her. She gets dressed. "Guess we'll have to wait for another time to pick back up where we left off."

"That is true." Vlad goes over to his wardrobe and pulls out a clean change of clothes. "We'll have all the time in the world when this is done."

"I hope so." Y/n finishes getting dressed. "Really wish we were not caught up in this fight with the Fright Knight."

After he finishes getting dressed, Vlad walks over to Y/n. He pulls her into his embrace and kisses her. "I love you, Y/n."

"I love you too, Vlad," said Y/n before she returns his kiss.