Line of Sight

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n looks around Mrs. O'Leary's living room. She had a few pictures handing on the walls, as well as a couple of paintings. They were spaced about so the walls wouldn't seem clustered. "Seems you did a bit of traveling in your youth," said Y/n.

"I did. I mostly visited the beaches around the world. But since my husband passed away eight years ago, I don't travel around as much as I used to," said Mrs. O'Leary. She leaves the kitchen with a drink glass in hand filled with fruit punch. "Here you go, sweetie." She hands the glass of fruit punch to Y/n and sits down in the chair across from the couch. "Now tell me what ails ya."

"I'm worried now. Kinda got a bad feeling something will happen." Y/n takes a drink of the fruit punch.

"If you are worried about the ghost, I'll make sure he doesn't bother you. Go get some rest sweetie. We can talk tomorrow."

Y/n finishes the glass of fruit punch and thanks Mrs. O'Leary for the company and heads back to her apartment. She gets her uniform ready for Milo's Pizza and lays down in her bed. "Hopefully it won't be too bad tonight."

The next day Y/n gets ready for work at Lunar Oasis. She was tired from the previous night. It was a slow night even though she only made four deliveries. She arrives at Lunar Oasis before it opens and waits to be let inside by Edwin. "Morning Edwin," said Y/n Y/n while yawning.

"Jeeze Y/n. You look like the dead. Long night?" Edwin asks.

"Yeah. It was very slow. Only did for four deliveries were made. I asked if I could leave early but no dice."

"What time did you get home?"

"One in the morning."

"Talk about a rough night." Edwin let's Y/n into the restaurant. "Today for that business lunch we'll be going against the norm a bit. Instead of doing the normal prep work today, I want you to help create the menu for their lunch. I know I'm pretty much putting you out if the frying pan and into the fire."

Y/n gives Edwin a confused look. "So will I still do prep work?"

"We will have someone else do the prep work. After the lunch is done, you'll do the prep work for the dinner rush."

"Okay then. I'll think of something up then," said Y/n. She didn't like the idea of doing her job out of the norm but since things needed to be change for the day, change was to be accepted.

Noon was soon upon Lunar Oasis and the restaurant was busy. Y/n made the menu barely ready barely in time for the rush but from what the customers were saying about the food, the new menus was a hit. Y/n was in the middle of the prep work for the food for the dinner rush when Edwin comes back into the kitchen.

"Y/n we need your help serving the orders out to the customers. Yiu can finish your prep work after the lunch rush," said Edwin. "I know you haven't had much training as a server but just ask Sasha where the orders go. She'll point you in the right direction."

"Yes, sir," said Y/n as she sets her knife down and hurries to the sink to wash her hands. "Isn't Alex supposed to be helping?"

"He's a no call no show," said Edwin.

Y/n hurriedly dries her hands off and heads out of the kitchen towards the front where Sasha was. "So which tables need orders to?"

"The tables where the businessmen are sitting at. They are the ones who are saying good things about the menu you made. Good call on the entree," said Sasha.

Y/n takes one of the trays which had four plates of food on it. "Just point me in the direction you want me to go. Edwin just wants me to help run the orders out."

"The first table is over in the corner. The second table is right next to the first table. Don't try to take two trays out. I'd rather not have you drop any of the plates. We cannot afford any remakes, Y/n."

"Alright then." Y/n takes the first tray to the first table as quick as she can without  dropping anything and quickly returns to get the second tray of food. She picks up her second tray and makes her way to the second table. As she sets the plates down in front of the customers, she ends up locking eyes with the gentlemen she ran into the other day. "Here's your food, sir," said Y/n as she sets the plate of food down in front of him.

"Thank you my dear," said the gentlemen. He watches Y/n hurry back to the kitchen. "Yes she is rather interesting."

Y/n peaks out the kitchen door, trying to make sure that the gentlemen wasn't watching her.

"Is there a problem, Y/n?" Sasha asks as she comes back into the kitchen.

"One of our customers...I ended up running into him by accident the other day while heading out to my car. I kinda want paying attention since I was checking my scheduel for Milo's Pizza."

"Which person?"

Y/n points in the general direction of the table where the gentlemen was sitting at. "The one who is wearing a black suit, red tie, and has long grey hair tied back into a ponytail."

"Geeze you hit the lottery right there. That's Vlad Masters. He's kinda one of our regulars here. You don't normally see him since you are usually gone by the lunch rush."

"Speaking of the lunch rush does Edwin still need my help?"

"I'll go ask," said Sasha before she heads into the managers office.

"This is going to be a very long day. Good thing I have today off from Milo's," said Y/n to herself as she watches some of the restaurant patrons leave after tipping and enjoying their meals.