Cleaning House (Part 1)

*one week later*
*Y/n's POV*

Y/n was waiting outside her dad's house for Vlad, Danny, Sam, and Tucker. She wasn't too thrilled to sort through all the stuff in the house but it needed to be done. Y/n wanted help so she could be able to get it done. After about waiting for fifteen more minutes, two cars pull up in the driveway. One was a white Mazda and the other was a black Mustang. Y/n waves at Danny, Sam, and Tucker as they get out of their car. She hides her smile from Vlad. She won't admit it but she was still glad he came. "Alright guys just want to lay a few ground rules before we start the cleaning process of my dad's home," said Y/n after Danny, Tucker, Sam, and Vlad get to the front porch. "Rule number one: No fighting for either Danny or Vlad. If you do, I will throw you out onto the porch. Doesn't even matter who started it. Rule number two: No fighting with Benny. He is to a sense, family. Now any questions?"

"Yeah. Who's Benny?" Danny asks.

"You'll see," said Y/n before she unlocks the front door. She steps inside and bites back tears. She was going to dread the entire process. "What we well be doing is sorting through everything. Deciding what can be donated, kept, or thrown away. Anything of my mom's, unless I say otherwise, will be thrown straight in the garbage. Also too if Beth and Brandon do show up, call the cops. They both have restraining orders to stay one thousand yards away from my father's house." Y/n looks around seeing what can be taken care of first. "Benny you can come out now. We'll be needing your help with all this."

The Box Ghost phases through the floor boards. "BEWARE FOR I AM...." He sees Danny and Vlad before him and hides by Y/n right as they turn into their ghost forms. Y/n turns to both Danny and Vlad. "Remember what I said! Do not fight with Benny!"

"That's Benny?!" Vlad asks as he turns back to normal. "He's the Box Ghost. He's nothing more...."

Y/n growls at Vlad, making him shut up. She gives Danny a warning look as well.

"The Box Ghost isn't much of a threat. He's more of an annoyance," said Danny. "So why is he here?"

"Benny has been haunting my house for years, ever since I was a kid. Dad decided it was best that Benny stayed in our home since he saved me a few times as a kid."

"I have other places other than the Ghost Zone to haunt. It's just Y/n and her father treated me as family," said the Box Ghost. "So what do you need my help with?"

"I need boxes. Lots of boxes. Preferably empty ones so that way we can clear out dad's house."

"You're both tearing down this house, are you?"

"No, Benny. Dad's house is in my name now. So it's up to me what is done to it. Until my say, dad's house will still stand."

"I'll be back with boxes," said the Box Ghost before he disappeared.

*Vlad's POV*

"When we get home we are having a long talk. You need to tell me why 'Benny' is haunting your dad's home," said Vlad.

"Yeah whatever," said Y/n before she heads into the kitchen.

"I see she's still giving you attitude," teases Danny. "Even after raging out as a dragon."

"Shut up, little badger," said Vlad as he heads into the kitchen.

Y/n opens all of the cupboards and finds a locked box in one of them. "I think i know what this is. I just need to find the keys in the process of cleaning out the cupboards."

"Now I'm worried as to what is in that locked box," said Vlad.

"If I remember right, it's a set of knives my dad bought for me as a graduation present. He put them in this lock box after throwing Brandon out so that was I wouldn't have stabbed the sleezeball for breaking into my room."

"Breaking into?! Wait a minute you said..."

Y/n silences Vlad a "Not with them here. I'll tell later" look. After spending thirty minutes of cleaning out the cupboards of expired foods, pulling out all the cookware and utensils, Y/n finds a clue which was a note as to where Will hid the spare keys to all of the locked rooms and the lock box. "I'll be right back," said Y/n before she leaves the kitchen.

Vlad hears Y/n mumble "Hopefully I can still be able to do this" before she heads upstairs. Vlad heads back into the living room, questioning what Y/n had planned. "Why do I get the feeling she's going to hurt herself."

Y/n had walked to the end of the hallway of the second floor of the house. She takes off at a running start, runs towards the banister railing, jumps up and uses it as a spring board to jump to one of tbe wooden beams above Vlad's, Danny's, Sam's, and Tucker's heads. Y/n ended up scaring them.

"What do you think you are doing?! You could have fell and broke your neck!" Vlad yells. Danny, Sam, and Tucker laugh a bit after getting over their shock of what Y/n had done.

"Aww you do care, Vladdie," said Y/n as she pulls herself up onto the wooden beam.

"You could have asked one of us to grab whatever you needed up there," said Danny.

"I could have but this was was more fun." Y/n had a big smile on her face. "Besides I've been wanting to do this for ages." She carefully gets up, balancing her weight on the wooden beam. "Dad left a clue to where the keys were. He didn't want Beth or Brandon to find them. Makes me think what else he hid in this house." She finds the keys that she needed. "Can you guys push the couch beneath me so I can jump down?"

"I should make you stay up there as punishment for nearly giving me a heart attack," said Vlad with a scowl to his face.

"Consider it as payback for nearly giving me a heart attack," said with a wink at Vlad.

Vlads face turns red as he blushed. That girl is playing with fire now. She will get burned. I'll make sure of it. "Just get down here." Vlad and the others push the couch beneath Y/n so she could jump down.

Y/n tosses the keys to Vlad before jumping down. She takes the keys back from him, smiling once again at him. "Now the fun can begin," said Y/n as she heads back into the kitchen.