Unwelcome Guest (Part 2)

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n was outside in the garden, trying to keep her temper in check. "Why is Brandon here?! He shouldn't even be here!! He's a monster!!" Y/n screams at the top her lungs, trying someway to vent her anger without turning to destroying things. The necklace around her neck starts to glow again, casting a pale glow against Y/n's skin.

"Have to calm down..." Y/n clenched and unclenched her hands into fists. Her night went from being very good to a living hell. "I need to tell Vlad to kick them out." Y/n heads back inside to try and find Vlad. She looks around l, trying to find then but couldn't. So she heads back into the kitchen to check on the sorbet. Y/n was glad she invested in an ice cream maker when she did. She checks the sorbet and decided to stay in the kitchen for the entire night if she had to.

Will comes into the kitchen to check on his daughter. "I'm sorry, Y/n. I didn't know Beth and Brandon would be coming here tonight."

"It's not like we knew they would come," said Y/n.

Will noticed that Y/n was holding a large chef's knife. "Y/n violence isn't the answer."

"I know. I'll only use the knife if I have to. If he tries to even touch me, I'll cut his balls off."

Will walks over to his daughter and takes the knife away from her. "Come out and enjoy the party. I'll stay by you to make sure that nothing bad happens to you."

"Alright then. I'll try to enjoy the party." Y/n leaves the kitchen, followed by her father. "Where's Vlad at?"

"He said he had to take care of something. Not sure what," said Will.

*Vlad's POV*

It was an hour before midnight, before New Year's Day. Vlad was trying his best to keep an eye on Y/n as well as Brandon. He didn't like the fact that Brandon and his girlfriend were at the party. Brandon almost caused the necklace to trigger and cause Y/n to transform.

I want to see it with my own eyes. I want see the emotions that causes that necklace to trigger. Not caused by some arrogant man who thinks he can physically break someone, Vlad thinks to himself. He decides to try and keep Y/n occupied until he could get rid of Beth and Brandon.

Vlad soon finds Y/n over by the drinks table. She was holding a glass of wine rather tightly. She was gripping the glass so tightly that her knuckles were turning white. "My dear I don't think you should be holding that glass so tightly. You might break it," said Vlad.

"Don't care. It's the only thing making it so I don't dump the pot of cider on Brandon."

Vlad takes the glass of wine from Y/n and sets it down. "And I don't want to take you to the hospital to get glass shards removed from your hand. You've taken long enough to recover from your injuries." He picks up the glas of wine and hands it back to Y/n. "Now don't go breaking my things and try to stay on your best behavior."

"I'll try but I cannot make any promises as long as my mother and Brandon are here."

"What has warranted such hate against your own mother? Besides the fact divorcing your father."

"She somehow manage to break into my bank accounts, take all my money, and close them. Which almost cost me my apartment. Mrs. O'Leary helped me fix everything."

"Did you take the issue to the police?"

"I have. Evidence is there on the cameras at the bank of my mother being there. I got the call last month, it was while you were out. They got a confession from her. She had two choices. Either she gets sent to jail on no bail for three years or pay back all the money she stole. She chose to pay the money back."

"No one should do that to their own child."

"You're lucky and never had to deal with it," said Y/n before she takes another drink from her wine glass. She hands her glass back to Vlad. "I know my limits when I'm mad. Rather not do anything I'll come to regret." Y/n was about to walk away when she sees Brandon walk up.

Vlad sees a flash of red appear in Y/n's eyes. He still didn't want her to transform because of the necklace. "Brandon I think you've overstayed your welcome. Both you and Beth need to leave."

"Not before I talk to Y/n," said Brandon.

"How about no." Vlad walks by Brandon, grabbing him by the back of his shirt, and drags him towards the door. He opens the front door and throws him out onto the snow. "Leave!!" Vlad snaps at Brandon before he heads back inside. The hair raises on the back of Vlad's neck, he turns around, and blocks the attack from Brandon. He throws a punch at Brandon, hitting him in the jaw, knocking him out. "Beth get out here before I call the police and report you for trespassing!!"

Beth hurries outside to Brandon's aid.

"If I catch either one of you on my property again, with intent to harm myself or Y/n, I will deal with you both personally!" Vlad bares his fangs at Beth, scaring her. In her panic she tries to drag Brandon back to their car.

Vlad heads back inside and the party goes back to its usual happy demeanor. He hated the fact he almost lost control. Soon it was five minutes before midnight and the guests were starting to leave. Vlad finds Y/n out on the balcony. It had just started snowing again and she was covered in a bit of snow. "Stay out a bit longer and you'll catch a death of a cold my dear."

"Just needed to calm down and think. It was pretty bad that my mom and Brandon came to the party."

"Brandon used to be one of my business partners. When I sent the invites out, one must have been sent to him as well."

"Next time hand write the invites by hand so it doesn't happen again."

"I plan on it." Vlad looks down at his watch. It was a minute away from midnight. "One more minute left before the new year starts."

"I know." Y/n brushes the snow off of herself. "I'm going to turn in for the night." Before she leaves, she gives Vlad a quick kiss on the cheek. "A New Year's kiss to bring good luck. Good night, Vlad." Y/n heads back inside and goes to her room, returning to warmth and comfort of her blankets.

Vlad watches Y/n leave. He could tell she was distracted. "Y/n being distracted is never a good thing. At least the necklace didn't make her transform." He laughs a little. "Would have been funny to see a dragon scare the living daylights out of Beth and Brandon." Vlad heads back inside. "But it was a good thing she didn't. Jack and Maddie would have captured her." He retires to his room to begin the next phase of his planning. It was only a matter of time now.