Chapter 3: Before You Knew It Was Me

"So, I hear you have a witch problem."

Mary, Max and Jake all stood in shock. The had no idea how to react to what had just happened. The man who had just spoken and who seemed to be the one in charge, was average height for someone who looked to be about 24 and had pale skin that looked like it had never seen the light of day once. He had dark blue eyes that had a hint of grey and seemed to be very skinny. If he was anything other then a vampire, most people would just assume he was malnourished. Despite being skinny, you could tell he was also very powerful which meant he must have been very old. At the end of his long fingers were nails that were around a centimeter long from the finger tip and that had also been filed to a sharp point. However, they weren't the most noticeable thing about him. The thing that made him stand out the most was his hair. His hair was short but still had some length to it and was a bright ginger that looked like it would glow in the sunlight.

"You must be Nate's friend" said Max, sounding a bit nervous.

"I wouldn't really say we're friends but if you mean I'm the one he sent for then yes, I'm his friend" replied the man, looking around the room whilst walking further into the apartment. "My name is Christian Ackles."

"Jesus" said one of the three women. "This place is positively disgusting."

"Come on now, Jade" said Christian, smiling. "You can't blame humans for their horrible taste."

"Actually this is my apartment" added Max.

"Oh, well, you don't have an excuse then" replied Christian.

"Sorry to interrupt but who are your three friends Christian?" Asked Mary.

"This is Jade Mills, India Montclaire and Millie Callan" answered Christian, pointing to the three women one at a time. "They're my favorite progenies."

Jade Mills was a tall woman. She wasn't massively tall but she was taller then most people. Jade also had ginger hair, however, some might say it was more strawberry blonde. She was wearing quite a tight outfit that really showed off her best bits. It clung to her curves and pushed up her breasts. Jade knew she looked good and you could tell she didn't care about what anyone else thought. She seemed to be Christian's right hand woman because even from just meeting them, Mary could tell they were close.

India Montclaire was around the same height as Christian, maybe a little bit smaller. She had dark brown hair that reached the middle of her back and was extremely straight. India didn't seem as confident or powerful as Jade but she did seem to know what was going on. If you looked closely, you could see her scanning the room for every possible detail and bit of information she could find.

Millie Callan was smaller then Christian but was around the same height as India. She had light brown hair that reached just below her shoulders. Millie was nothing like Jade and she also didn't seem as intimidating as the others. This made Mary think she was the youngest out of the progenies.

"And you might guys might be?" Wondered Christian.

"I'm Mary, Max's girlfriend, and that's Jake who is one of my best friends" said Mary, also pointing to the people she named.

"A human and a vampire" said Jade, sounding disgusted. "How cliche."

"Alright, before we take the insults too far and someone ends up dying" said Max. "Why don't you tell us why Nate chose to send you."

"Well he sent me because I have experience" replied Christian.

"You have experience" repeated Jake, not sounding convinced. "Experience doing what? Because honestly you don't really seem like the type of person to know what they're doing."