#20

Remus fiddles his thumbs anxiously, staring off into the distance while Sirius blows bubbles behind him in the field. 

"I wonder who the first person to see a bubble was," Sirius says while dipping the tiny plastic wand into the mixture. 

"I can't say I know," Remus replies. He lifts the sleeve of his sweater to check the time. 5:25. Any moment now. He flattens out his hair and clears his throat before sitting back down beside Sirius. "Lovely day, isn't it?"

"Gorgeous."

Remus lays down with one arm propped behind his head. "Did you ever watch clouds as a kid?"

"Well, between getting beaten and running away from home, I can't say that I had much time to enjoy the clouds." He laughs at Remus' expression. "I'm only joking. Sort of." He fits himself comfortably in the crook of Remus' arm and stares up at the blue abyss. "I preferred to watch the stars at night."

"When I was younger my mum always told me stories with the shapes in the clouds. Look over there." Remus points off into the distance. "See that one looks like a castle. Like how we met at Hogwarts."

Sirius squints his eyes with a pleasant smile to see a castle shaped cloud in the sky. "It does!" He looks further to see another cloud shaped distinctly like the whomping willow. "And that one there..."

Remus' eyes dart across the sky aimlessly. The arm not wrapped around Sirius lays lazily on his lap, tapping at the box inside his pocket anxiously. 

Somewhere, high up in the sky, is a small red plane. Of course, this plane has no passengers and only two pilots. Two pilots who do not know how to fly a plane.  

"Peter I said let me do the spelling!" James insists, taking over the plane. 

"My handwriting is better!" Peter argues back.

"But I know how to spell!" 

"Spell Wednesday!" 

James scowls. "That's not fair! You know that's a trick word!" 

Sirius is going on about the Dumbledore shaped cloud in the sky when a red airplane zooms past leaving a long trail of white. Remus' cheeks blossom red and he sneaks a glance at Sirius. 

"That was cool," Sirius comments. "Maybe I should learn how to fly a plane. Can't be too different from a flying motorcycle."

Remus nervously chuckles. "I say we keep our feet on the ground for now."

"Hey look." Sirius sits up straighter, holding his hands over his eyes to block out the sun. "There's words! Bit cheesy if you ask me, some bloke probably asking a bird to be his girlfriend or something."

"I think it could be romantic..." Remus offers.

"Will...Suppose it's for some bloke named Will?" Remus refrains from rolling his eyes. "Will you -"

The red plane takes a sharp dive, dragging the next letter, M, all the way down the sky until it completely disappears into the distance. Remus internally groans, falling onto his back and covering his eyes with his arms. Leave it to Dumb and Dumber to get the job done. He can only imagine the conversation occurring as James and Peter fly off into the sunset. 

"Hey look - that one's a dog!" Sirius exclaims, nudging Remus' side excitedly.