#18

"Oh no you don't!" Remus mumbles, grasping the puppy by her behind and pulling her back onto his lap. "Sit still, please Pumpkin?" He laces a pink ribbon through her collar and reaches for the box laying on the ground beside him. Pumpkin remains on Remus' lap, resting her head on his knee while he slips the ring through the ribbon. 

"Honey I'm home!" Sirius' voice calls through the apartment.

Pumpkin's head snaps up at the sound of the front door shutting and leaps out of Remus' lap. 

"Bollocks!" Remus shouts in a desperate attempt to catch the ring that has flung into the air. It lands on the rug just underneath the bed. He quickly crawls over, but Pumpkin beats him to it, quickly scooping the ring up in her mouth. "Pumpkin - NO!"

The door swings open and Remus slams his head on the bed frame. He rubs the back of his head softly as he turns to face Sirius. 

"Looking for something?" Sirius questions. 

The small curly haired puppy rushes past him and Remus scrambles to his feet chasing after her. "Pumpkin ate something!" Remus grumbles incoherently. "Get back here little miss!"

Sirius follows behind Remus as he aimlessly chases around Pumpkin. "What did she eat?" he asks, his voice filled with concern. "Chocolate?"

"No, it was -" Remus clears his throat, standing up straight to face Sirius. "It was a galleon."

Sirius snickers in the midst of the chaos. "Well you know what they say. What goes in one end..."

Remus rolls his eyes, flopping onto the couch exhaustedly. "I'm so glad you're amused." He watches as Sirius strolls into the kitchen when Pumpkin jumps onto the couch. She lets out a huff and lays her head on the couch, glancing up at Remus with big brown eyes. "Don't look at me like that," Remus whispers irritatedly. 

Pumpkin lifts her head and barks twice. 

"I was going to but you just had to go on and eat the ring."