#13

Sirius breaks through the water, shaking his hair maniacally like a dog. 

"Marco!" Peter shouts blindly. 

Sirius looks at James across the pool and neither respond, slowly swimming the opposite direction of Peter.

"Marco!" Peter shouts again. He holds his hands out and he walks through the shallow end. 

Lily rolls her eyes from her seat. "You know, the point of the game is to respond with 'Polo' when he calls," she explains. 

Peter opens his eyes and both James and Sirius dip underwater. 

Sirius pops up first and wipes his eyes. "Sorry mate, must've been underwater when you called." He swims over to the edge, propping his arms up on the ledge to stare up at Remus. "Love, you're being boring. Come play mermaid with me." He flips his wet hair majestically.

Remus laughs as he applies his second coat of sunscreen. "I have to wait another five minutes," he says. "I just ate."

"You know that rule doesn't actually exist. Like mushrooms."

"Sirius, mushrooms exist."

"Yes I know. I just pretend they don't because they're gross."

Remus rolls his eyes, walking over to Sirius. He sits on the edge, letting his legs wade in the cold water. "And that is one of the many reasons why I love you," he tells Sirius. 

"Please?" Sirius asks again with pouty lips. "Peter doesn't do it right. He likes to be the pirate, and James thinks he's prettier than me."

Remus grabs Sirius' hand, playing with his fingers in thought. "Actually I was -" Suddenly he's launched into the pool by force and submerged underwater. He jumps up, sputtering water and gasping for air. 

"You really thought you had a choice?" Sirius laughs, kissing him. "Come on, this way to the treasure chest!" He swims off towards the large float, leaving Remus standing in the water still shocked.