#6

Remus taps his hand against his leg, watching Sirius and James toss a ball around on the grassy hillside of the cliff. Peter nears the edge, but stays a relatively safe distance away in fear of falling. Sirius rushes over, falling beside Remus exhaustedly. Remus taps the ring box in his pocket, ultimately reaching for a water bottle in his bag and chugging it down. 

"Remus, slow down," Sirius says watching the water drain from the bottle.

Remus wipes his mouth with his sleeve, smirking. "That's not what you were telling me last night." Sirius' mouth falls open with a slight gasp as he nudges Remus playfully. "What?"

"You know what."

Remus hauls himself up, dusting off the dirt on his pants. "I packed you a snack in the bag, by the way." Sirius reaches over for Remus' backpack and excitedly digs through it. Remus lets out a heavy breath, walking over to the cliff. He looks back at Sirius and can't help but smile. "Come on Remus," he encourages himself. He pulls out the box in his pocket, opening it to reveal the shiny ring. 

"Oi Moony!" 

James collides with Remus, causing the box to slip from his hands and free fall a hundred feet into the ocean. "James!" Remus shouts, shoving him away. "No, no, no!"

"What?" James asks, becoming increasingly concerned. "What did I do?"

"The ring!" Remus sputters. "The ring!" He paws at his hair, pacing in circles. 

"The ring?" James reiterates. "You mean?" Remus nods. "Merlin Moony, sometimes you're an idiot." Remus stops pacing, staring at James as if he has a third eye. "If only there was a way to magically get the ring back...Oh wait - there is!"

Remus groans, rubbing his face. He pulls out his wand and says, "Accio ring." Within seconds, the ring box comes flying up the cliff and into his hands. He shakes off the water and opens it, relieved to see the ring still in its place. James raises an eyebrow at Remus knowingly. "Being sarcastic is my thing, Prongs."

James slings an arm over his shoulder, ruffling his sandy blonde hair. "It's alright Moony, just as long as I can make the Best Man speech."

"Best Man speech?" Sirius questions. 

James and Remus freeze; Remus stuffs the ring into his pocket before they turn around. "At Alice and Franks wedding," he answers before James can.

"There's no way in hell that Alice would let you anywhere near a microphone at the wedding, Prongs!" Sirius teases.

"Remember when he did karaoke at his own birthday party and they kicked him out?" Peter brings up. 

The boys burst into laughter while James rolls his eyes. "Ha, ha," he dryly mumbles. "Remus, you got anything else to say?"

Remus' face turns pink as he glances between Sirius and James. "I...could eat. Should we get dinner soon?"

"Food sounds great," Sirius says as he takes another handful of crisps into his mouth. 

James walks beside Remus with a disappointed look. "Mate by the time you actually propose, we'll all be wrinkled in wheelchairs.