12

Warning⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️  graphic content ahead!

Brooklyn expected Translucent to still be alive by the time she came back with Butcher and Frenchie but she was wrong.

"Jesus fuck, Hughie." Brooklyn side stepped from the blood (and guts) that was scattered on the floor. She hadn't expected him to be the one to set off the ass bomb Translucent possesses, but she guessed he had that much pent up rage against A-Train and needed to take it out on someone.

Hughie mutters out an apology to Butcher for blowing Translucent up so soon, but Butcher told him it was alright and he did them a favor.

Brooklyn watches Butcher set up a trash can with a black plastic bag, he tosses her an apron and a pair of gloves.

"You gonna help or not?" Frenchie was taking Hughie home to get some new clothes, for some reason Brooklyn decided to stay back and help Butcher 'clean up'.

To be honest, she wasn't as grossed out as much as she thought she'd be. She had to admit, it was pretty neat to know that Supes can be blown up from the inside out... gross, but at least they know they [Supes] can be demolished one way or another.

To fill the silence, Brooklyn decided to make some small talk. "To be honest, I didn't think Hughie would do this... or could." Brooklyn grimaces as she listens to the shovel scrape against the cobblestone floors and watches as the whatever bit of Translucent she was shoveling into the can.

"Your buddy has more balls than I thought," Brooklyn nodded in agreement as she adjusted her grip on the shovels handle to dump the mess into the trash can, "and 'm surprised you didn't make a fuss about helpin' me out with this."

Brooklyn shrugged. She did want to go with Hughie and Frenchie but she felt bad that Butcher had to do the dirty work, that and she kind of had to when he tossed her a pair of gloves.

As she washed her hands one last time in the sink, she sniffs the air a bit. A mix of the metallic stench of blood and gasoline mixed the air, making her gag a bit. Butcher snickered, that was a reaction he was hoping to get from her in the first place. "Now for the fun part..." he handed her a match as he held out the match box so they can both strike the little stick to set the place aflame.

When Brooklyn holds the match in her hand, she strikes it at the same time as Butcher does and watches in awe as their mess goes up in flames. 

.

.

.

It wasn't long before they found themselves at a juvenile correction center. Whomever Butcher knew that worked here better go the way it did when they met Frenchie. Brooklyn had a bad feeling when she met Frenchie but after the way things went the way they did, she kind of started to like the guy. 

Butcher had to admit, the reason why he dragged her around with him to these meetings was because he did enjoy her company, that and he knew that having a pair of innocent eyes staring at friends like his would help him get a good grip on some help. 

There was something about Brooklyn that he couldn't quite shake off. She had plenty of chances to run, to forget who he was and to hope that Hughie was just in good hands but she stayed. Hell, she helped him burn a building with a dead superhero. The ginger was full of surprises and, perhaps, that's why he liked keeping her close? To see what she does next? 

"Who're we meeting now?" 

Butcher opens the door for her with a smile. "If you liked Frenchie, then you'll really love this guy." truth be told, he actually did think that Brooklyn would like having another voice-of-reason on the team. There was Hughie and herself, so a third guy on the team who saw the good in things would make her stay a little longer.