9

"I don't-" Hughie is saying what Brooklyn is thinking. While Translucent may have had just tried to kill them earlier, she didn't think he deserved to die just like that. "I thought we'd question him or something." Frenchie and Butcher look at the two friends who were sharing the same thoughts. "I don't know, you get a-you get ahold of someone this big-"

Butcher starts to explain why that won't work and Brooklyn already frowns. Did this guy not accept ideas from others? "-At Gitmo, we had to water board Khalid Sheikh Mohammed one-hundred and eighty-three times over six months to get him to talk just once." While he would love to question Translucent, Butcher knew that their window of opportunity to kill this guy was coming to a close. Especially since he had a chip and Homelander could be here any second. "Now, we ain't got six months. I doubt we've even got six hours..." he did sound full of doubt and that was something Brooklyn never thought that she'd hear from a guy like him, she didn't know him for that long but a guy with a tough outer shell like Butcher did not break that easily.

Brooklyn was processing what he was saying and just lets out a sigh. "There are so many crazy things about what you just said..." she muttered, processing everything that she had heard.

"Right now, you're talking about randomly killing one of the most famous men on the planet." Hughie tries to get his point across, but Butcher just won't have it. "A goddamn national treasure."

Brooklyn snickered. "I wouldn't say national treasure..." she grumbled as she leaned against the grimy wall.

"My point is," continued Hughie, "if you kill a big name like Translucent off just like that, people will notice that kind of thing."

"And if we let him go..." Butcher begins his usual tactic to try to get others to agree with him, this time by psyching out Hughie to just let him and Frenchie kill him so they can move on. "What do you think The Seven will do to us? Hmm?" Brooklyn looks up at Butcher, fear in her eyes and he knows he has them when he sees her. "You can't get A-Train if you're a greasy smear on the pavement." The Brit says as he gives Hughie one last chance to get his vengeance.

"I'm not a murderer."

At Hughie's words, Butcher lets out a scoff. "That's all right," he says as he starts to walk behind Hughie, "I am..." letting out an exhale, Hughie didn't like the sound of that.

Neither did Brooklyn.

.

.

.

Brooklyn didn't know what she thought of Butcher being a killer. Sure, he was a frustrating, grumpy man with diabolical biases. As Butcher was getting ready to torture Translucent, she looks at him with a worried expression.

Butcher knows she's worried about his objectives. He's done this millions of times; she's probably thinking: Wow, can't believe my neighbor is a fucking killer. Brooklyn watches Hughie pace back and forth as they waited for Frenchie to finish his tenth attempt to kill Translucent - but the cocky bastard (being Translucent) wouldn't crack. He was tough as diamonds.

Startled when she hears Hughie's phone ringing, she looks up at her friend with a raised eyebrow when she hears him talking to his dad. She takes this as a moment to look at her phone to see if she got a message from anyone since she's been gone.

Nope.

Only a miss call from work and honestly? She'll probably get fired for being a no-call no-show. She doesn't care at this point; she's been meaning to quit anyways. What did catch her eye though was a text from her dad.