14

Hughie and Brooklyn looked at the three men all trying to pull their shit together, well mostly at Butcher who was trying to pry MM away from Frenchie. Brooklyn didn't know what the fuck happened between the two of them that made them lash out at each other like that but whatever it was, it must have had been huge.

After a brief mention of a woman named Mallory, Butcher snapped at the two men making Brooklyn jump a bit. "Both of ya, knock it on the head now!"

Then the moment was seemingly quieted when Never Gonna Give You Up started echoing in the van. Everyone stopped and stared at each other, heavy breathing and adrenaline rushes were still bouncing off each other for MM and Frenchie but it was MM who had that meme worthy song as a ring tone.

"Shit." MM scowled as he talks to a woman named Monique on the other line. One second, MM is about to tear a guys spine out and the next thing he's mushy for his wife on the other line.

It was oddly cute and terrifying at the same time.

The second MM makes kissy noises to the woman on the other line and hangs up, Frenchie and Butcher were chuckling like idiots while Hughie and Brooklyn just stand there and look at each other blankly. For once, the both of them were confused on what was going on.

"Fuck all of ya'll, okay?" MM points at Frenchie and Butcher but glances at Brooklyn and Hughie. "Except you two, thanks for not acting like children." Frenchie was still laughing a bit, having a hard time trying to regain his composure but Butcher reclaimed his cool and collected persona quickly.

"Alright, listen, you two knobbers kiss and make up, yeah?" their moment of laughter died when Butcher was back to this whole thing, he really needed everyone on their best game and to be focused. "We got a fucking job to do."

Frenchie was the first to make up with MM and MM returned the French mans playful smooches with a childish push. MM seems to notice Hughie standing next to Brooklyn. "Who's the new guy?"

"Brooklyn's pal, Hughie. Hughie, this is Mother's Milk."

Brooklyn deadpanned and so did Hughie. "That's a... nickname?" Hughie asked what they were both thinking.

MM actually seemed offended but at this point Brooklyn and Hughie were not sure if he was being sarcastic or just irritated. "No, my mother actually named me Mother's Milk," he says irritability, "So we gotta French whore, an Aspie, and a Stephen fuckin' Hawking. Great job, Butcher." Brooklyn didn't really appreciate being called that but he was right, she was on the spectrum. She didn't know how he knew but she guessed it had to do with his job and dealing with various types of kids himself.

"Well, it was Stephen fucking Hawking who dusted the supe." Butcher points out, earning a respectful glance from MM in the end.

Before another conversation could form, Frenchie spots something on the surveillance cameras. "Thats Popclaw, right? A-Train's girlfriend?" Hughie quips.

"According to Translucent," Butcher muses, "A-Train knows this girl inside out." they watch what happens on the monitor, Brooklyn standing close to Butcher and he moves a bit to the side so she can get a better look. "Okay, lets get the bugs sorted and see for ourselves." Butcher hands over Hughie the box of bugs he had a stash of.

Hughie looks at the box, surprisngly dissapointed. "Where'd you get this shit, Circuit City?"

MM snickered. "Right?" he playfully claps Brooklyn on the shoulder as he watched her help Hughie out, then points at the box. "He's a cheap bastard!" Brooklyn snickers in agreement.

"Don't you agree with 'em!" Brooklyn cant help but keep her smile plastered on her face when she heard Butcher call out Brooklyn's chuckling.

Hughie, however, has a better plan in mind. "You know, we don't actually need to sneak in anything. Look, all I need is her iPV6 number. Every desktop, every smart tv in the house has a camera on it. They probably have one in every room."