part 22

Hi, my loves <3 How's everyone doing?

Since I live in the US I assumed the UK's legal drinking age is also 21 and completely forgot that it was 18 so oops just thought I'd mention that

I love ur comments so much pls keep them coming :))

To say Louis wasn't thinking clearly was a gross understatement. He wasn't thinking at all. 

He just wanted to do what he thought would hurt Harry the most. And marrying Eleanor- it seemed pretty perfect. 

He wasn't thinking. 

"Babe, are you serious?" 

"Yeah, we're in New York for a week before we go to the South American leg of the tour. Come."

He heard the sound of Eleanor's laughter on the other side of the phone. "Yeah, okay. Of course. I thought you'd never ask."

He ignored that feeling buried deep in his heart that was screaming, Don't do it!

"When will you get here?" he asked. 

"Tomorrow, if I leave tonight." 

Louis swallowed tightly. "Perfect."

"That's...fancy," Zayn said slowly. 

The restaurant at the top of Empire State. Certainly fancy. 

Louis had booked the whole thing. 

"I just want us to have a nice dinner. The five of us and-"

"Eleanor?" Zayn asked. "Yeah, that's not happening. Not that I have anything against her, but-"

"Just try, okay?" Louis asked. 

"The problem isn't me, Louis," Zayn said. "You know what I'm talking about-"

"Frankly, Zayn, I don't care if Harry likes my girlfriend or not, he's not my fucking father. "

Zayn sighed simply, knowing that he couldn't argue further. 

"Didn't know you were gonna invite Gigi," Louis said, after a moment of silence. 

"Well, Liam invited his girlfriend." 

"I thought you were on break."

"Not anymore," Zayn said, and that was the end of the conversation. 

Liam and Niall were the next to arrive, Simon arriving a few minutes after. The girls would all arrive later in the evening. 

"You must really love her, huh?" Simon asked, grinning. "All of this for a simple dinner."

The ring in Louis' pocket felt like a stone, a stone so heavy he felt its weight dragging him down, slowly. 

He had his security detail get it from Tiffany and Co. literally the day before. He didn't know what he was doing. He knew that he could still go back, but for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to think. 

"Where's Harry?" Niall asked, and Louis ignored Zayn's glare. 

"I'll go outside and look," Louis offered, turning around and walking out the door. 

And there he was. Leaning against the railing outside, peering down the city below. A small smile on his face. 

Louis took a deep breath and walked up to him. "Will you come inside? I want us all in before Eleanor gets here."