chapter 8

I think that night was the closest we ever got, physically. I wonder what the change of attitude was with him but I won't bring it up. I liked it. One problem stands in the way though, I'm leaving tomorrow! Oh god I feel so bad about leaving him,  it hurts to do it but its right. I want this. Don't I? Opening up my phone, my lip quivered as I texted him to have dinner with me at the hill. I slipped it in my pocket and went to go wash my face while finding an outfit. Well, I only really had one so that will do for tonight. As long as I kept my cool, I'll be fine!

 *ping*

George: yes of course =] 

Y/n: see you then! :]

 There wasn't much to do in that time frame except go get him some food so, I drove to the convenience store and picked up some stuff.  He always liked peanut butter jelly sandwiches- yes it is weird but, I like them and so does George. I put them and some other treats into the bag as I ran upstairs to get dressed. It felt like a date but, I know it wont end up great in the end. Either it will be hatred, anger, or sadness. There is no way in telling how he will feel about it, I mean usually I'd know but this is new! Taking a step in mirror, I looked at the clock. '5:03'. With a sigh, I stepped out of the door and walked over to his door but as soon as I stepped on his porch, he walked out with a smile.  " hey! how far is the walk from here? " George exclaimed. " oh only about 5 minutes, not too much heh. " I smiled.  taking a step closer to me, he grabbed my hand and we swayed them back and forth jokingly, but then just kept our hands there step by step. 

  As we neared the hill, he let go of my hand and started uhh.. running? I bolted after him and tackled him to the ground, as we just messed around in the grass for a while. It felt like we were kids again, it felt nostalgic. as we neared the edge of the hill we stood up because; injuries were not in the agenda for this 'date'.  giggling, he brought up the time capsules. " It's funny because we literally completely forgot about them y/n! that was like the best night of my life though, kind of scary too but.. besides that! ". I replied as he finished his food, " you're right! I completely forgot but I think we were way too ecstatic from the woods and  decided to just leave for the time being. ". He laughed it off with me, as we just talked for a while starting from the time capsules to birthday parties' when we were 7, and more memories swept in.  the conversation really carried itself until we got home.

 " you know, I've been thinking about after Highschool. where are you gonna start off? " George asked me.

" I've been meaning to tell you actually but I'm- moving. not my family but, just me. I'm leaving tomorrow to the U.S. George. " I said, while my words relapsed in my head.

 he stopped walking and whispered to me, " I felt like we would separate at one time but, if you're leaving please stay with me one more night. ".

" of course, the flight is at night so I can stay for a bit.. " he cut me off as we opened the door to his house, and by now it was later so we went up to his room. handing me his sweater and shorts, I changed as he turned away. 

 right after, we sat on his bed and he looked at me while he said,

" at least let me do this before you leave.  " and grabbed my face, as he kissed me. it felt like heaven, and so much was let off my shoulders from then on. our lips together, a tear streamed down my face. I can't leave him but, it's too late. I think I'll really learn from it. our lips detached, as George started to tear up. stuttering in his words he hushed..

" I love you y/n. "

" I love you too George. " 

 lips coming back together, we started to lay down more and cuddled up next to one another. he played with my hair and kissed my forehead, as he told me " we really should keep in touch, ok? I know you might forget about me but, I wont ever forget you. " 

" George, I will never forget you. I wouldn't throw away everything after these years. I love you too much to do that ok? " I whispered. 

" I love you so much. ". and after that, we both fell asleep as we lied next to each other that night.

  That morning, he woke me up at about noon. 

" oh my gosh- did we sleep that long? " I asked him as he laughed at me. 

" You did, I just wanted to let you sleep. you looked so beautiful too. ".

I blushed, and stayed in the same position as I had woken up in. it felt so nice, and in his clothes too. " George, do you want me to change back into my clothes? " and he shook his head 'no'. " keep them. " he smiled. aw wait- are we a couple then? crazy how so much can change in the span of 24 hours I thought to myself. 

We lied there for a while, until I had to get going soon. As we walked to my house, he held my hand tight and waved to my family. I think my Mom and Dad were shocked but not at the same time. George was really helpful, he offered to drive me there too and take me to the gate. I accepted, as we grabbed my bags and put them in his car.  I got ready, still in his clothes and made sure everything was tidy in my now old room.  As we loaded into his car, I said goodbye to my family. even though it was upsetting, I knew I'd see them again. We buckled in, and he squeezed my hand.

  " You ready? "

 " yes. " I said, as he kissed my forehead again.