chapter 5-

as I finished packing my third box, I was halfway there: slowly but surely! graduations in a few days, so as long as I pack a tad bit more ill be done by then and ready to leave after. more or less, I'm excited for the U.S., I like warm weather and once i get there I'm starting twitch streaming and my own channel. the other day I saw George walking around but, he was like pacing? he's been weird recently but hey, how would I know? hah. I grabbed a new box, and new music played while I sorted through my junk.

" well, that sums it up." I sighed, and humming the lyrics and folding up clothes, placing them into the empty box. I already bought plane tickets, and I need to settle in there before coming back home to see family. All I have to do is wait for my boxes to arrive at my apartment. and then Ill be set! I can't wait, maybe ill make some new friends there too, you know? anyways, I have to find out what I will wear at that party. almost all my clothes are packed away so, I picked up a pair of jeans and a really pretty floral top, a necklace and called it good. its going to be awkward at the party but, I can hope for the best? setting the clothes over at the corner of my room for the days ahead, I packed in some old stuff from middle school into the box. I stumbled upon a kind of heavy box, and it was a bunch of stuff from class and notes from George. why'd i keep these? I laughed to myself.

  for the next two days, my parents are heading out just as a get away; and coming back the day before my graduation. So, I grabbed my keys and drove to get some food for Kaylee and I. ever since middle school, we always would go to this place nearby owned by a family business, all Italian food. back in middle school, we came here a lot since it was cheap then. now, we still go there so i guess it will be a memory kind of thing. now, turning up to the park and driving farther up, I turned off my car and walked to the lights. the sun was going to come down in a bit but, at the top of this little cliff theres a table and a bench seat. we found it as kids and once again, we came back. I smiled at her, handing her the box of food and tucking into the table. the trees hugged us in, and we looked over everything. you could see pretty far from up here. chowing down, we talked about after graduation and planned out a trip to see each other again.

" dude, I would totally come see you! plus, its easier than you moving and coming straight back. thats lot of money!"

" I know! i'm excited for the states, we just have to keep in touch, ok?"

she held out her hand, and grabbed mine. " of course. but please tell me one thing, keep yourself safe like no dating creeps and people you barely know!" she laughed

" oh my god how many times have we gone over this- I will be safe! don't stress it, K?" I smiled at her.

she nodded her head, as we sat and meandered through every little memory on that hill and that park. 

  as the sun lied over, we got into my car and I drove her back home. shes not too far so, we took the long way and also got some more food. just as a treat! pulling into her driveway, I looked around and said goodbye to her, and made sure she got into her house safely. driving back through her neighborhood, I plugged in the aux and played some music.

now playing: Little Dark Age by MGMT

"oh, this is a good song." I said, while humming to its tune. turning into my neighborhood, I drove up to Georges house and looked up. well, I would talk to him but, it just doesn't feel right, not till he speaks up. he wanted time, didn't he? backing into the garage safely, I headed upstairs and wrote in my journal for a bit. drifting from the thought of George and I, my eyes started to feel heavier and heavier, like dumbbells. clicking  my pen, I laid over and let out a deep breath.

when will I just get over him?  never. I don't think I ever will.

  ...4 Days after...

  stretching slowly, I threw on my outfit I picked out a few days ago. the ceremony was pretty cool, Kaylee almost cried. I will say it was weird and hard seeing these kids I knew my whole life and knowing ill leave them soon. Its weird but, it has to happen right? an hour prior, I was already ready and jumped up. hearing a knock strike the door, I ran downstairs and opened up the door, looking for Kaylee. but, it wasn't her? I felt really weird, like my stomach was turning. whys he here so early? WTF.

" oh uh, my mom wanted me to give this to you guys. " he said, nervously.

" okay, thanks!" I grabbed it from his hand, and he just smiled slightly, walking away. pushing the door shut with my foot, I set the cake tray down. gleaming inside, I saw a note.

hm, from George?