chapter 2-

as George and I shifted among others around the dance floor, we were crowded by our peers and classmates, and it felt so hot in the building with everyone dancing a ton and shuffling around, talking. honestly, I felt  bright red every time I thought of him. remember that thought of the girl who would have her high school sweethearts kids and live happily ever after with them? that's all I could think of. me and him, just us together. 

  " we've been dancing for quite a bit now, ill go get you a drink, ok!" George says, playing with my fingers as he squeezes my  hand and soon lets go, breaking our dance together. now, I kind of felt empty without George. as I stood there waiting patiently, I remembered something funny...

" George! George! wait for me!! " I cried.

" don't worry, y/n I wasn't going to forget about you. its our first day of seventh year, lets make it together." he said. 

" that's a relief. random but, where do you think were gonna be years from now? like, when we are old old.. college like? " I questioned.

" all I hope y/n, is that we are together. " his words relapsed to me, as silence spoke for itself.

..." me too. " I quickly turned to him, and what I could only think of was if he feels the same as I have for years. should I confess...? no no. wait till the right time...

" I'm glad you feel the same way, what do you wanna do once your older? " he laughed.

" hmm good question.. I think I wanna be a...

from there its a blur, only those words were important to me at this moment on.

   and so I sat on the crowded dance floor, getting clips and bits of different voices, and recognizing every other one.  as I felt a hand grace mine, I turned jerkily, scared it could be some random creepy guy but, it was George. feeling relieved, you grabbed the cup he offered you, and queasily drank it. all your emotions for the past almost 16 years were coming over my head, like a tsunami. I started to feel a bit dizzy, and the figures of students dancing along gazed past me, in shaky images. I'm sure it was getting notice able how I was freaking out, but just not voicing it.  as soon as I could re focus my touch, I was outside sitting on an empty bench, trees hanging over me as  I leaned forward, staring down at the water. my heart was racing.. did I just get -kidnapped? what the heck, did I run from George..? even being this dark, I felt someone behind me, and jumped up in shock, still..

" who are you! where am I?" I yelled, overwhelmed. 

  as I shined my phones light onto him, I saw George smiling awkwardly.. I sighed in relief, hugging him with my hands around him. he hugged me back, and we sat there for a minute. he was so comforting, George was home to me and always will be. god, if I do it tonight and I get rejected, as soon as I turn 18 next Monday ill move out of the country. not even joking hah.. I wont hesitate it. but, all I could think of is now, with me in his arms. after we hugged, we sat down and I was stable again, taking a glance at my hands. him and I continued to crack jokes, and talk to each other as an escape from the big bash at school. hearing his voice and the water stream was soothing to the headache of confessing my love to him. I was so scared, but I've been ready for so long, I cant hold back now. 

  " what are you gonna do after high school though, y/n?"

" George, listen. if you don't know where I go or if all else fails.. I'm heading to Europe or Asia. like seriously, those are my last resorts! and you know.. if my heart gets broken I can live it out as a cool movie character." I joked. " at least bring me with, I don't wanna leave your side. that would hurt!" he choked, tracing  the glowing water, and then my face with his dark brown eyes. " I would never try to hurt you George, never. what kind of friend would I be to you..?". I gulped those words, realizing I called myself his friend. I mean, that's what we are right? just friends.. hah.. " y/n, you seem kind of off tonight? is everything alright." George asked. " me? yeah yeah.. I'm fine, uh-" beaming my eyes to him, he gave me that look. like his eyes were x-rays, he put them upon me. " ok well, maybe. listen, I have just been holding back on something for a while and I keep putting it off but I feel like I need to speak up!" I uttered, as George followed up saying " how long have you been holding back for?" " nearing 16 years." at this point, I cant even tell how he couldn't see through my words and know what I was trying to spit out. 

   " ..wow, that's quite a while, isn't it?" " I know! I know, I just love you so much and-". the words completely poured out of my mouth, as a single tear fell down, tracing my rosy cheeks. " w- say that again? " " I mean- shoot. uh, listen I didn't.. " " no, please say the rest y/n! " he exclaimed to me. " okay alright, I guess I need to say it, right? George I love you. I've loved you every year since we were kids. You mean everything to me and I never wanna hurt you, I don't care if this ruins our friendship, I just want you. I love you!" I finally said it, my heart was pumping so fast to the point where it echoed in my head. oh god, oh god I did it. It's so silent.. 

" George..? is everything okay- "

" I'm sorry but, just give me some time okay... "

My heart shattered. I knew it.