chapter 6

author speaking! I want to thank everyone here for the support and I hope you continue to read this, it might be a bit but it is coming along and some new characters are coming in soon! some that you might be familiar with ;]  give me any suggestions or things you would want me to maybe add. lots of love, - m.m. <3 

  opening up the ripped piece of paper, which was neatly and compactly folded, I brushed my finger on it. outlining the ink, I read it carefully. George had kind of sloppy handwriting. well, that's not the right description. VERY sloppy handwriting but, I don't mind! hearing the back door creak open, I ran upstairs knowing my Mom is quite a talker. plus, pretty up in my business sometimes. shutting the door, I felt chills down my spine: what will it say? maybe he just wants to be friends or something. if he was saying yes basically, I know he would in person!  finally revealing the truth, my mind pondered.

  to y/n, from George                                                                           may 22

  I'm hoping you found this and if not, hi Mrs. y/l/n. but anyways, I need to apologize. We haven't talked in a while and I wanna say, I need for us to be on good terms, ok? this doesn't feel right when we are like this. I feel like everyday a part of me is detaching slowly from everything.. feeling more drained when I'm without you y/n.  I am hoping you accept my apology, and know that no matter how far we are..

you'll always be in my mind. dancing around every day and night.

sincerely, G.D.

   wow. this is coming from the guy who could barely ever write a paragraph for English without my guidance. but wait? just good terms.. so does that mean- ouch. well, at least I know its a no now. plus he has that new girlfriend so, dang. a tear streamed down my face, as I took a deep breath and put the note in my backpack. glancing at my packed bags and boxes I thought, how am I gonna keep in contact with him? yeah I have his number but I don't know if that's really gonna be in the thought process for the time being. The party is about to start,  so I need to get downstairs in a second.  I placed my phone in my pocket, and stepped down the stairs.

  looking down, I walked over to the back door and was shocked by what I saw. hmph, there are a lot more people than what I thought. shoot. the door slid open, and I was greeted by George and I's family. they were always so sweet to me, but at my age now all they're worried about  is were I'll be in a few years and if George and I will get married. as a kid, they joked but now its more of the " blah blah marriage blah blah you and George mwah mwah" type of junk. sometimes its sweet, but then again annoying like: stay out of my business man! I scanned through the crowd and saw some familiar faces like his Aunt, my Dad, and some other family friends. but surprisingly, not George.  the thought was rushed away like magic, once I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

 " Hey gorgeous! happy graduation, you're finally a true adult hun. " Mrs. Davidson said, as she pulled me in for a hug.

" I guess so! and thank you, it has been quite the journey. by the way, do you know where George might be? " I replied, smiling.

" I'm not quite sure but, he has been hanging out with his 'friend' Alissa a lot recently. I think you know where I'm going with that.." she laughed. 

   I chuckled, as she walked off and slowly sighed. now what does this mean? he tells me I dance around in his head but, is with another girl.. this really is a new George. not the George I know. I decided to just go to the store and grab some snacks, since it' my last few nights at home, I wanna hangout with just me. I texted my mom, and she replied with a smiley face and a thumbs up. I wanna just stop at the international section and grab some snacks there because It's my favorite there. buckled in, I backed out of the driveway and drove off to the local convenience store. my house wasn't ever far from bigger areas, like little plazas and such but was not a big town or anything. when I finally ran in, I got some food and went straight back home, not making any more stops. walking in through the door,  I set down my keys and stowed my purchases in my room. I wanted to come back outside because it was getting darker and soon enough, more people will be inside for the night. 

  I came back downstairs and as it was extremely dark outside, I grabbed my phone and went outfront. its so peaceful, nobody's out here and the only peep or chirp you will hear is from the trees brushing up next to each other.  my thoughts over powered the noise of family talking inside, and I looked at the lights above me. I heard a door creak open, and heard footsteps come my way. 

 " uh.. hello? "

" hey, sorry I wasn't here in time. " he said, with a weak smile on his face. I glanced up at him, and laughed. " no worries, at least you're here. " I smiled. 

  staring at each other, we started to talk as it started off awkward, to the point where we eased into conversation. for good times sake, we grabbed shovels and took a walk to the schoolgrounds.