chapter 3-

after that night, I didn't reach out to George at all. the only people I talked to where my mom and Kaylee. but hey! at least I was turning 18 in a few days, right? honestly, I wanted to escape from London right now, and this neighborhood. it was only a Friday, and then Monday I'm gonna take off to celebrate my freedom. all I could think of though was George. my god is it gonna be awkward today, seeing his face. ill push through though!  I hope-

    as I started to walk to school, I looked around to make sure George wasn't near me. huh, usually he is always here to walk with me but; who knows where he is. the trees were starting to look really pretty this time in the year. step by step, I wondered.. what will I do after high school? I'm graduating pretty soon, a few weeks from now. should I just move to like japan or something? its always been my dream.. maybe. but, as long as I don't have closure with George I cant leave him. the thought chased away in my head, as I walked into those big school doors. I quickly paced through the halls, and to my locker. well, as long as I go down the long way I wont see him.. ok ill head that way. 

   promising myself I wouldn't see George, as I got near my class I sharply peered around, hoping he wouldn't see me but, the roles were reversed. as i saw that awfully familiar backpack, i matched it with his face. ah, George was right there! great, just turn around. but there was a problem..? a girl was standing with him, they were both getting super smiley and.. bubbly. like, blushing. I wanted to scream, who is she. what does she mean to you George? shoot, as long as I stay here watching them, ill be late to class. I tried pulling the pieces left of me together, walking to my desk with a single tear streaming down my face. as if today couldn't get worse, we had three assignments to work on. better than testing, though. all I could think of was him though. he breaks my heart, and then moves onto a new girl? WHO does he think he is..

   before classes felt like they even started, they were already over. after a long day, I had my off block where I usually left for the day with George. but today, Kaylee and i were going to meet in the parking lot and drive to get snacks, and spend the night together. my heart was already at the pit of my stomach, why not fill it up more? hah.. well anyways. I sat in my car, waiting for her to come over and hop in. I sat on my phone, and saw someone out of the corner of my eye. seems like that girl from earlier? oh, I know her. that's Alissa, from one of my sophomore year classes. she was okay, kind of weird but popular? I saw her say goodbye to George, and saw him blow her a kiss. what the f-

*knock knock* 

" oh- Kaylee!.." 

" hey y/n, dude we need to talk."

" yeah we do, I think I know what it is already"

" ok then, say it on 3.. 1..2 "

  and at the count of three, a bunch of words scrambled out of our mouths. but we meant the same thing heh! 

   after a long rant in the car, we decided to leave the schools parking lot and go get some takeout. Kaylee saw George today with that girl.. she said they seemed to be really flirty like almost dating. hearing that really hurt, but I guess he moved on from me. its honestly so confusing, and putting up a front is tiring. it was nice being able to finally cry with someone by my side. who knew he even had a girlfriend? what a jerk. you know what? that idea of moving to Japan doesn't sound too bad. hm.. honestly I might just move. it isn't even worth staying here, I need an escape. I could go study there too..

" god I cant believe him! I mean I hate to keep nagging on with the topic, y/n  but seriously, who says they need time and the next week is onto a new girl? what a player." Kaylee exclaimed. " I know, this makes me wanna move out of this country like I always wanted to when we were little. I mean, it would take a bit but I'd do it." I said to her, she replied, " well yeah, I'd miss you though! but you do what's best for you. plus, it will be a cool memory. just promise me you'll come back. if you even go!". 

   " I promise dude. "

-----

After that night, I dropped Kaylee off at her house; it was really nice getting to hangout again with her before school ends. I made a sharp turn, heading back to that stream of water George and I sat at about a week ago, now. turning off my engine, I walked over to the small bench, and plopped down, looking over wanting him to be there but.. it was empty. profusely crying, I thought. what did I do to get this? I ruined us, I was being so selfish!  I cant stay here, I need to leave soon. I cant bare it anymore.. please, I need something to fill my empty heart.