chapter 29

Grey woke up early the next morning. He looked at Ariel who was still asleep by his side. He could not sleep because he had a lot of things jogging through his mind.

The war against the demons was a stressful issue for him. He sighed softly as he kissed Ariel's forehead before he stood up from the mattress and headed out of the bedroom.

He made his way to his mother's room and knocked gently at her door.

“Grey?” Anna questioned.

“Yes, Mom,” Grey responded calmly.

“Come in,” Anna said after a few seconds.

Grey entered the room and shut the door behind him.

“Good morning, Mom,” Grey said as he moved closer to his Mom and sat next to her.

“Good morning, son,” Anna greeted back with a smile.

“Were you sleeping?” Grey queried.

He did not mean to wake his mother up but he needed to talk to her.

“Not really,” Anna replied softly.

Grey nodded his head and remained quiet.

“What is it, son?” Anna asked.

“I'm thinking about the war,” Grey said.

“What about the war?” Anna asked.

“I'm concerned about Ariel. I don't want her to get hurt,” Grey mumbled.

“I understand your concern, son. But you just have to believe in her capabilities,” Anna said.

“But, Mom...” 

“Just trust her abilities,” Anna repeated.

“Okay,” Grey whispered.

“It's still early, son. Go back to bed,” Anna said.

“Okay, Mom,” Grey agreed as he kissed her cheek and left the room.

When Grey reached his room, he saw Ariel seated on the mattress with her back rested on the headboard.

Ariel immediately looked at the door when she heard the door open.

“Hey,” Grey said as he moved to the bed and sat next to Ariel.

“Where did you go?” Ariel asked in a murmur.

“I went to see my mother,” Grey answered. 

“Are you all alright?” Ariel asked. 

“Yes,” Grey said quickly.

Ariel looked at him. “Are you sure?” she asked. “You were tossing and turning a lot last night. Did you even sleep?” she queried, cupping his face.

“A little,” Grey replied. 

“You look tired,” Ariel stated. “Let's go back to sleep. We will talk later,” she added.

Grey nodded his head and wrapped his arms around Ariel.  It did not take time for him to drift off to sleep.

An hour later, Ariel opened her eyes. She looked to her side and was glad when she saw her soulmate was still sleeping. 

She attempted to sit up straight, however, Grey held her tight. Ariel smiled and relaxed in Grey's arms as she waited for him to wake up.

An hour later, Grey opened his eyes and saw Ariel staring at him.

“Don't you know it's creepy to watch someone sleep?” Grey murmured.

“It's creepy but I can tell you love it when I watch you sleep,” Ariel said with a smile.