chapter 4

Grey sat on the couch in the presiding room, flipping through channels. He was trying to get a blissful position to place his hand. The ache had subsided a little which he was grateful for.

He looked up when he heard his mother's footsteps.

"Good morning, son", Anna greeted with a smile.

"Good morning," Grey mumbled as he continued to watch the TV.

"Are you going out today?" Anna asked her son. 

"Maybe," Grey replied. "Uncle Beelzebub wishes to see me later. He might have a job for me," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"That's great," Anna said with a smile.

Grey turned his head to look at his mother and stared at the smile playing on her lips. He wondered why she was in such a good mood. He was aware his mother knew very well that the job his Uncle had for him would probably be for him to capture or kill an Angel.

So, he did not understand why his Mom looked so happy. Had it been any other day, her mood would have deflated knowing her son was going to kill or capture an Angel.

"Something is up with her," Grey muttered quietly as he turned back to the TV. After a few minutes of silence, Grey spoke up, "Mom, do you want to say something to me?" 

"You seem happy or are you having any individual coming over to the house? Is that the motive behind you asking me if I was going out?" Grey added.

"Why would you suppose so, son?" Anna asked.

"I don't know. You are not saying anything but if you are seeing anyone it's okay with me," Grey said

Anna chuckled, "I can't believe we are having this talk. Well, I'm not seeing anybody. Is it a crime for me to be happy?" she asked with a smile. 

Grey let her be. He simply knew she was not telling him something. 

"I think something wonderful will take place today," she said with a huge smile on her lips. 

Grey eyed her without saying a word.

"You will understand soon," Anna said quietly and stood up before Grey could ask any question.

"Do you want to eat now?" Anna asked, a bit cheerful. "Oh, don't worry, I will simply make you something to eat," she said as she hurried to the kitchen.

Grey shook his head. "She's acting weird," he whispered to himself as he watched his mother disappear into the kitchen.

A few minutes later, Grey heard a knock at the door. He groaned as he stood up to answer the door.

He saw a demon leaning against the opposite wall once Grey opened the door. 

"What do you want?" Grey asked as he crossed his arms, gazing at the demon.

"Master needs to see you right now," the demon replied and left once he delivered the message. No demon liked to be in Grey's presence. He looked very intimidating and the frown on his face did not seem to help. He might not be indignant but he constantly had a frown on his face.

Grey scrunched his face. "Why did the master call for me early? I'm not supposed to meet him, not until three hours from now," he sighed softly as he entered the house.

"Mom, I'm going now," Grey stated loud enough for his mother to hear him, however, before he made it to the door, Anna got there and hugged him.

Grey frowned a little at her actions, not because he was not used to his Mom hugging him even though he did not want it, but because this hug felt special. He did not hug her back though, but he did not attempt to pull away either.