chapter 15

Grey and Ariel continued to talk to each other and laugh about random things. Ariel was glad that they were both comfortable in the presence of each other.

She noticed Grey would deliberately brush his legs against hers. She wasn't complaining because she wanted it too but she would have genuinely opted for their skin to skin contact. Though, the wretched material on their bodies was stopping that from happening.

“At least this is better than nothing,” she whispered to herself with a smile.

“Did you hear what I just said?” Grey asked, looking at Ariel questioningly.

“What?” Ariel asked, looking at Grey. “What did you say? Sorry, I was distracted,” she said.

“Why were you smiling?” Grey asked. 

Ariel shook her head and chuckled softly. “It's nothing,” she later said, still smiling. 

Grey raised his eyebrows at her. “Really?” he asked. 

“Don't do that,” Ariel laughed softly.

“What?” Grey asked with a little smile.

“Raising your brows.”

“Why?”

“Because I find it cute when you do that,” Ariel said with a smile.

“You find that cute, or you find me cute?” Grey asked, teasing Ariel a bit.

Ariel blushed and averted her gaze from Grey which made Grey grin. 

“So, what did you ask?” Ariel queried.

“It's not important,” Grey replied. 

Ariel glanced at her smartphone and saw it was nearly lunchtime. 

“I will go help my mother out in the kitchen,” Ariel said, standing up. 

Grey nodded his head as he watched Ariel leave the room.

“I honestly like her,” he said aloud as he rested his head on the headboard and closed his eyes with a beautiful smile playing on his lips.

Ariel went downstairs and joined her mother in the kitchen. 

“Hey,” Elena greeted her daughter softly as she continued with her work. 

“Hi,” Ariel responded cheerfully. 

The silence stretched between the mother and daughter as they prepared lunch but Elena would occasionally glance at her daughter, and every time she looked at her daughter, there was always a smile on her lips.

“Okay, do you want to tell me what put you in this mood precisely? Or should I ask, who?” Elena asked with a smile.

“I do not know what you are talking about,” Ariel replied as she continued to chop the onions.

“Yes, you do,” Elena insisted. “Where have you been?” Elena asked.

“Upstairs,” Ariel replied casually without sparing a glance at her mother.

“With Grey, I suppose,” Elena said with a raised brow, which made Ariel remember the time when Grey did that too. Her smile widened when she pictured Grey's face in her mind.

“See,” Elena stated, pulling Ariel out of her thoughts. “You are glowing,” she added. “You were with him, right?” Elena asked.

Ariel nodded her head.

Elena did not question her daughter again. ‘Whatever happened upstairs between them must be good,’ she said to herself as she continued what she was doing.