chapter 21

When Ariel got to her room she saw her phone lying on the bed. She was about to pick it up when she sensed something.

"Demons," she muttered.

She quickly turned and saw demons standing in front of her. She hurriedly took a step back, creating a lot of distance between herself and them.

"The little Angel is scared," one of the demons said.

"I'm not little and I'm not scared of you," Ariel muttered angrily.

She was so inclined to show the demons that she was not scared of them that she took her stance to fight.

"Look at her," one of the demons said, pointing at her as he laughed darkly.

"She thinks she can fight us. How pathetic!" the demon spat.

Ariel wasted no time as she lunged for the demon. The demon was surprised at her agility. He was not even expecting the Angel to attack him.

Ariel knocked the demon out, causing the other demons in the room to watch Ariel cautiously.

The rest of the demons in the room knew they had underestimated the Angel. They did not leave any room for mistake as they all attacked at once.

Ariel felt very overwhelmed with the demons coming straight at her. Amidst her confusion, she stood her ground and continued to fight. However, one demon attacked her from behind and pulled her hair.

She screamed as she was shoved to the ground. But before she got up, she noticed Grey and her entire family surrounding her.

Grey quickly rushed to her side.

"Are you all alright?" he asked, quickly checking her body for bruises.

"I'm fine," Ariel convinced him rapidly.

Grey sighed in relief and stood up with Ariel by his side.

His eyes quickly met a familiar person's.

"Josh," he whispered.

"Hi, brother," Josh greeted with a smirk.

"What do you want?" Grey asked in fury.

"Her," he stated, pointing at Ariel.

Grey tightened his grip on Ariel as his eyes flashed red.

That was the end of their discussion as the demons proceeded to attack. The Angels in the room were doing very well while fighting off the demons but Grey had his eyes on Josh who was standing at a corner, observing the entire fight.

Ariel looked at Grey, and she could feel his anger building up.

"Go get him," she said.

"No. I cannot leave you," Grey said, still keeping his eyes on Josh.

"I will be fine," Ariel said, squeezing his hand a little.

Grey averted his eyes from Josh and met Ariel's.

Ariel nodded her head at him in reassurance. Grey immediately let go of Ariel's hand as he lunged for Josh.

Josh stumbled back and hit the wall roughly when Grey punched him.

Grey wasted no time in punching Josh and they both started throwing punches at each other.

Grey soon knocked Josh to the ground and maintained his hold on Josh as he punched his face, but Josh unexpectedly laughed.

He gave him a burdened frown.

"Why are you laughing? What's so funny?" Grey asked.

"You make me laugh," Josh replied. "I never knew you are so stupid to leave that Angel alone"