Chapter 51: Tonight's Gonna Be So Much Fun!

"Thank you, sir.", I said to the taxi driver. "See you later, V?", I asked.

     "Yeah sure, at 6pm, our usual place.", i nodded and closed the door of taxi.

     I turned out to see my house, front door opened and I saw my mom. "You're here! Finally!"

     She was so happy to see me, she came closer and gave me a a tight hug.

     "Come on, let me help you with those suitcases.", she said picking up one of them and I picked the other one up entering the house.

     We chatted a bit, I was telling her how's everything in NYC and she was telling me how's everything in Riverdale. And really I came here to spend my summer break, because I kind of miss my hometown.

     After all the chatting with my mom, I went to meet Veronica at the Pop's as we agreed. She was waiting for me outside.

     "You're late.", she said.

     "I know, i know...My mom wanted to know everything.", I laughed.

     We entered, sat down and order the usual, milshakes. I really missed this place. As we were waiting for our milkshakes, I just turned my head for a second to look out the window.

     "Oh my God, is that...?", Veronica spoke as soon as she saw parked car in the distance i was staring at.

     "Yes.", I said.

     "Oh, shit."

     "I can't believe this.", I said, hoping I'm dreaming. "What is he doing here?"

     "Maybe it's not his car. I don't see him though.", Veronica tried to make me a bit calmer.

     "I would recognize this car anywhere, V.", I told her.

     "Do you think your mom knows about it?", she asked me.

     "She didn't mention anything."

     "Is there a possibility she doesn't know?"

     "Well it's not like this town is huge, how can she not know?", I already started to feel anger, why would she lie?

     "I think she doesn't know.", Veronica tried to calm the situation a bit.

     "Or she lied.", I turned my look to her. "I mean why's he even here? Why did he come back?", I was getting angrier and angrier. "You know what? I can't deal with this, I don't wanna run into him or something. Imma go home.", I said getting up from the table and leaving.

     I hurried up home so I can confront my mom about Billy. "Mooom?!", I yelled as soon as I opened front door.

     "Betty? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be out with Veronica?", she asked confused.

     "Yeah, and I was really enjoying myself until I didn't see a certain person. But I bet you already knew he's in town?"

     "What are you talking about?"

     "Mom, don't play clueless. Why didn't you tell me?"

     "Betty, I really don't know what you're talking about. "Certain person", who? Billy?!", she said all surprised, maybe she didn't know after all.

     "So you didn't know?", I asked to make sure.

     "No, of course not. If I did I would've told you."

     "What is he even doing here?", I hopelessly sat down on the couch.

     "Same as I you, I guess."