Chapter 18: Someone Who Deserves You

When I heard my alarm, I jumped and realized that my bed was empty.

     My heart beaten faster. He left without goodbye?

     The sunlight was now coming through the window, which made me feel really bad. I clutched my face with my palms and cried. This is my fault. I knew what would happen if I allowed it. My shoulders trembled as my tears fell down through my fingers.

     I got scared when I felt someone's hand on my back. I turned and saw Billy standing above me, with dark and empty expression.

     "You promised you could handle this, Betty.", he repeated almost silently. "You fucking promised."

     My lips trembled. "I thought you left without goodbye."

     "I went back to my room so father and Alice wouldn't find me here when they got up. Both have already left. I've just packed up the rest of the things."

     I shivered and stood up. "Oh."

     "I wouldn't do it...I wouldn't go without a saying goodbye...especially not after what happened between us."

     I wiped my tears. "What's the difference? It doesn't change anything."

     "No, it doesn't change. I don't know what to say except for last night...meant something to me. I want you to know that. I'll never forget what you gave me. I'll never forget anything about this. But you knew it was going to end."

     "I didn't know I would feel like this."

     He held his hands in his pockets, looked at the floor, and then in me. "I didn't either."

     When he wanted to hug me, I moved away. "No...please, I don't want you to touch me, it'll be worse."

     I couldn't even speak because of the tears. I shook my head, not believing that I couldn't stop crying.

     I coughed. "When do you have to go?"

     "Taxi will be here any minute now."

     A new tear fell down my cheek. "Damn it.", I said, wiping it.

     "I'll be right back.", he said.

     He carried the baggage downstairs. When he came back, I was standing in the same place, and outside we heard horn of the car.

     "Shit, wait.", he said, and ran out from the room.

     I looked through the window and saw him putting the bags in the car.

     Billy said something to the driver and returned upstairs. I still stared out the window when I heard his steps behind.

     "I told him to wait. I'm not leaving until you look at me.", I turned around.

     He had to see the despair on my face. My eyes were full of tears.

     "Fuck, Betty. I don't want to leave you like this."

     "It's okay. It won't be better for a few minutes. You're going to be late. Go."

     Not considering my earlier request to not touch me, he raised my face and stared deep into my eyes.

     "I know it's hard for you to understand this. But you have to know I would stay with you if I could.", he left a soft kiss on my lips and continued. "I know that you, in spite of my warnings, gave me a part of your heart last night. And although I was trying to stop it, I gave you a part of mine too. And I want you to keep that part. And when you decide to give the rest of your heart one day to someone else, please, let it be someone who deserves you.", Billy kissed me again desperately.

     When he moved away, I grabbed him for his jacket, in a temptation to never let him go. He waited for me to let go, and then he turned and walked away.

     Just like that, he left my life as fast as he came into it.

     I was standing beside the window and wished it wasn't the last time he looked at me when he entered the cab. He took a part of my heart. The rest of my heart that he left behind was broken.

A/N

A lot happened in this chapter, so I really gotta hear what you guys thought, talk to me. Don't have much to say, just to thank you for the continuous reads and votes and lovely comments.