Chapter 8: Have Some Self-Esteem.

Billy appeared downstairs at two o'clock in the afternoon. His messy hair and bloody eyes, he looked like he's back from the dead.

"Good morning, sunshine.", I said.

His voice was cracking when he whispered. "Hi.", he took some coffee.

"So, our parents went to two-day trip. They'll be back by Monday night."

"What a pity.", he said.

"Because they left?"

He took a sip of coffee, and said,
"No, because they're coming back."

"I'm sorry fo..."

"I can't.", he closed his eyes and lifted his hand to stop me. "I can't talk to you. When you talk, I have the feeling like the motor tester is on."

"Sorry. I understand. You're hangover."

"Well, that too."

I rolled my eyes, and he winked at me, making my heart go little faster.

I was sitting on the sofa near the kitchen. "What are you planning to do today?"

"First, I have to find my own head."

I laughed. "And then?"

"I don't know.", he said shrugging.

"Do you want us to order some food later?", I asked him from all the strength trying to be relaxed.

He looked worried and rubbed his chin. "Um..."

"What?"

He looked at his phone. "Actually, no, uh...I'm going out."

"With whom?"

"With, um..."

"You don't know?", I laughed.

"Give me some time..."

I shook my head. "That's sad."

"Oh! With Valerie...yes...with Valerie.", If Valerie would know that she's replaceable.

I secretly sighed that he didn't say he's going out with Veronica, because I knew she still wanted to call him, no matter what the scene he'd made on our 'date'.

On the previous day she sent him at least one message, and her readiness on everything annoyed me.

Early that night I was lying with a book stomped on a sofa when Billy came downstairs. Even the spike of his cologne water was already a sufficient aphrodisiac before I even turned to look at him.

He had jeans and a dark red shirt. His hair was kind of messy, and besides the cut on the lower lip, he looked better than I ever. Even, in fact, that damn cut was sexy.

In the room, it seemed, the temperature changed whenever he would appear. I was aware of his presence with each and every one of my senses. I remembered the text he sent me some night ago: 'Have some self-esteem.'

Uh. I was forced to go back to the book as I obviously wasn't able to hide how much he attracted me whenever I looked at him. The very thought of that text made me feel bad.

He grabbed the keys. "Bye."

"Bye.", I said, not looking away from my book.

The door closed, and I sighed with relief. I haven't been alone in the house for a while, and even though the misery girl in me wished for Billy to stay, aloneness had it's advantages.