14. Haircut

The whole day passes rather quickly. We painted our nails and toe nails in the morning. I painted Callie's and she got very excited when I put a red heart on her big toe, Callie painted Hazel's, which Hazel then redid after, and hazel painted mine.

We then had lunch where a nice girl named Brittany brought up our food. And after lunch Hazel asked if I wanted to get a hair cut. My hair is down past my waist and extremely hard to deal with so I agreed.

"Okay so I am having Cassidy come here so it's easier and we don't have to go all the way across town. She should be here in about 15 minutes and it will only take about a half an hour or so" I just nodded my head and looked over at Callie who was passed out on the couch.

"So how have you been? James has been nice right?" Hazel asks. I laugh a little and nod my head

"Good I wouldn't want to have to kick his butt." I just laugh again.

"Did he explain to you everything about mates and packs and alphas and everything?" I nod my head again.

"Good well if you have any questions you can always ask me" I nod again and smile at her. I think we will be good friends.

----

An hour or so later my chestnut brown hair is cut, Cassidy has just left and Hazel is helping me blow dry and straighten my hair. I got it cut up to about 5 or 6 inches below my shoulder. Cassidy said this would make it easier since i don't really know how to do anything with it.

Right now Hazel is in the bathroom with me while i sit on a chair teaching me how to use the blow dryer, the hair straightener and she said we can curl it if I want too. She said my natural waves look good anyways so I don't need to really do anything to it but she is teaching me anyways.

Another half an hour later and my hair is straightener and slightly waved at the end. She brought more clothes and bought me undergarments since I ran out about mid-week and she has me change into leggings and a big sweater. This is much more comfortable that just James' t-shirt with nothing underneath, but I miss having his scent around me. I hope he comes home soon.

"Okay so now that you have everything you should be all set for another week or so and by then your foot should be healed and we can go shopping!" she says excitedly. I just nod my head getting increasingly tired by the minute.

She talks for about another ten minutes while we sit on the bed, about Dave and James and how they have been friends forever and she is glad me and her can be friends. It's weird, I haven't had a friend for ten years. But it relaxes me knowing I have someone other than James who won't hurt me.

"James just mind-linked me, he will be back in about 10 minutes he just has one more paper to quickly fill out and he will be up" I nod my head getting a little more excited now.

"And just so you know Grace he told me about you not wanting to talk about what happened, and I know its scary and probably very hard to discuss, but if you ever want to talk I'm here okay? We are friends now and I want you to know you can talk to me about anything at anytime if you need to" I nod my head with tears brimming in my eyes. She leans over and gives me a small hug before leaning back and stepping off the bed.

She walks over to a still sleeping Callie and picks her up right as James is walking in the door. When he looks over at me he sees my hair and stops in his tracks. I don't know if it's the hair or the clothes or even my new pink toe nails but for about another 30 seconds he just stands in the doorway staring at me.

After a minute or so I start fidgeting with my hands and my face starts to heat up. Why is he looking at me with such...adoration? Is it lust i see in his eyes?

"James?" Hazel says, "are you going to stand there or tell her how beautiful she looks" she laughs a little.

He growls slightly at her mocking tone but moves over to sit next to me.

"Okay well you two have fun and remember what I said Grace, just have James call me anytime" with that she walks out the door shutting it on her way out.

"She is right you know, you are absolutely gorgeous" he says while looking into my eyes. I can feel my face heat up and I look down at my hands in my lap unsure of what to do. He puts his hand under my chin and tilts my head up so I am looking at him.

When I look up he is smiling at me, but doesn't say anything else which i am grateful for, I am already embarrassed enough.

"Want to go get some dinner? I can make pasta" he says. I nod my head but then look towards the door.

Downstairs?

With the pack down there?

*Vote or Comment!<3*