7. Mates?

After minutes of awkward silence James asks me if I want to walk back to the house seeing as it is less than a half a mile away from this house. I nod my head yes and we begin our walk out of the building.

When we walk out of the house and into the sunlight it takes a couple minutes to adjust to the brightness. I look around at the spring air, noticing how warm it is with the slight breeze still. Because I am only wearing cotton shorts and a t-shirt that Hazel had brought me last night, I get slight goosebumps on my arms and shiver.

I feel someone's gaze on me and I look over to see James looking at me worriedly and torn, like he doesn't know if he should help or keep his distance. After looking at him a bit more I make the decision for him and start walking closer to him linking my arm with his.

The smile he gives me has to be the most breath taking smile I have ever seen.

It lights up his whole face and you can just feel the happiness radiating off of him. I don't know why this small gesture would make him feel and that's when I remember what Hazel said about mates.

I will have to find some way to figure out about that later.

---------~---------

About a half an hour later we arrive at a house the size of a mansion. I am very out of breath from the short walk and the reason it took so long is because of me. I am slow seeing as I hadn't walked very far when I was captive.

I had a little 5-by-5 cell I was never allowed to leave and the two times I did try to escape, I never made it far and I was brutally punished for both times.

We make our way into the house and once inside I look at how nice the place is. It has wooden floors with a chandelier right in the front entrance.

"Would you like anything to drink or eat? Or we could take a tour of the house? If you are tired you can rest too if that's what you want? Or I could call Hazel if you would rather be with her, I understand it's fine I'll go call Hazel" he looks like he wants to cry as he rambles and starts walking away, but I grab his arm before he gets more than a foot away and stop him. I shake my head no and he looks slightly confused.

Looking up at him I smile and point to my mouth.

"Hungry?" He asks a little hesitant. I nod my head and link my arm with his again

"Okay well I have plenty of food, I mean I'm not a good cook but we can figure something out!" He says all excited now.

We make it to the kitchen a couple minutes later and I look around at how big and extravagant everything in this house is.

There are stainless steel appliances everywhere with marble countertop and a huge double door refrigerator. When we get there he pulls out a stool for me and turns to walk towards the refrigerator.

"What would you like we have some pizza, some pasta, fruit, are you thirsty?" He turns around and looks at me and I nod.

"Water or juice?" He asks me. I hold up my first finger hoping he gets what I mean.

"Water?" He asks and I nod my head. I smile knowing there is some way to communicate with him and he smiles also.

He pours me glass of water then gives me three more options.

"Pizza, pasta or fruit?" He asks as u gulp down my water.

I hold up three fingers.

"Fruit it is! Apples, grapes, watermelon or all of the above?" He asks looking at me, I think for a minute then hold up four fingers.