28. Visiting

We spend the rest of the afternoon in bed just holding each other. It is a lot easier talking to James now that he can hear my thoughts. I don't have to speak out loud and I don't have to talk in front of anyone, I can just tell him.

While we are talking, I realize I was only out for a couple of hours, and its still Monday which James says is a good sign. The past couple times I have passed out I was out for days; the doctor says my mind and body aren't recovered from the years I spent in that place, but me waking up in a couple hours is a huge improvement.

"Do you want to go down for dinner? My family is still here. I can bring dinner up if you want, my mom made her special Mac'n'cheese" he says with a small smile at the end.

'I can go down with you. I'm fine now' I link to him. He nods his head and we get up and head downstairs. Once we get there I smell something familiar and when we round the corner I see Aria at the counter with Isabella and sitting at the countertop is William talking to some dark haired man and a blond next to him.

I freeze in the doorway, because even with a side view, I know who that is.

He still looks like the same little boy I knew, but now his feature have molded him to make a young man, a 20 year old man with a 5 o'clock shadow. A boy grown into a man that is taller, close to James' height and built the same though not as buff.

A few seconds later he must feel someone staring at him because he looks up and his bright blue eyes meet mine. It takes him a second or two and then realization dawns on his face.

I don't know really what happened next, it is all kind of a blur of shouting and yelling and Dante questioning if I really am Grace, why am I here, if they are the ones that took me. James steps in front of me and William has to hold Dante back while him and James are shouting at each other across the kitchen.

"Stop!" I don't yell but I say it firmly enough so everybody in the room can hear me. Everyone gasps mainly because his family has never heard me talk, they didn't think I could or would.

I step out from behind James and he grabs my hand.

"James he won't do anything, please let me go" I say, he releases my hand but as I walk closer to Dante, I notice James stays less than 2 feet behind me the entire time.

When I get to Dante, William lets him go and we just stare at each other for a couple of seconds.

"Is it really you Gray?" he asks using my nickname he called me when we were little, I slowly nod my head while tears run down my face.

In the next instant he pulls me into a hug and I just hug him back while crying into his chest while he strokes my hair and whispers how everything will be alright, and how happy he is that I am alive.

Minutes later we pull apart and James hands me a tissue and we all move to the living room to talk.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell anybody I was coming. When the guards came back and said Aria sent them home, I finished up my work for the day and decided to come because I felt bad about her being alone. I had no idea what was going on, we hadn't talked all day" Dante explains in a rush.

I just nod my head and look at James begging for him to explain because talking in front of this many people is so overwhelming right now.

'sweetheart you could have just old me in your mind link, I can still hear you' he links in my head. Crap I forgot about that. He grabs my hand. Me and James are sitting on one couch with Hazel next to me and Dave standing next to her. Isabella, Dante and Aria are sitting on the other couch with William standing in the doorway.