Akashi Seijuro (Kuroko no Basket)

This was inspired by a request in my inbox from Fuyuaki_! Thank you so much and I hope the holidays are going well for everyone! 

"Mr. Seijuro, what is that you so desperately need?" The music teacher, not even turning herself, peered at him from the corner of her eye. She watched as his mop of red hair bounced up and down, and as his eyes glinted with an earnest look. 

"Miss I have to pee."

"No, you don't." Akashi sighed at her response. 

"Yeah no, I don't. Unforgiving tyrant." He mumbled the last part under his breath. He honestly had no idea why his counselor forced him into the ensemble in the first place. For an art credit, he would've been way better off taking something like painting or ceramics. He was a basketball player, not a singer and he could definitely live with that. 

"Mr. Seijuro, may I remind you that this concert is next week? Not only that, but this concert is your final." He stiffened. Of course, he knew. He hadn't been angsty and on edge the whole week for no reason. He had feared the date ever since it was announced at the beginning of the semester. As a teenage boy, his body convulsed at the idea of possibly embarrassing himself in front of the whole school. To make matters worse, he was the only kid in the choir off-key. Sure, the music department didn't have any virtuosos,  but at least the kids in the class could hit the right notes and they prided themselves on that. The instructor turned herself back towards the piano with a sigh. 

As everyone started packing up for their next class, Akashi couldn't help but mentally go over the repercussions of failing the class. On one hand, he wouldn't embarrass himself by not showing up, however on the other hand he couldn't let a failing grade make its mark on his pristine transcript. He stroked his chin, how did he manage to screw himself over so hard?  

"Akashi, you're looking a little pale over there? You good?" Y/N placed a firm hand on his shoulder, shaking him out of his daze. His eyes widened in realization. The universe had just placed the most perfect get out of jail free card in his lap. Someone had sent an angel. 

"Y/N! I almost forgot you were in my class?" 

"Geez, do I blend into the background that much?" 

"No no! Gosh, you're the lifesaver to my ship wreak. The compass to my map. The-"

"I get it." Y/N shook her head and giggled a bit. Something about his nonsensical words was so appealing. 

"Please, for the love of everything good in this world, please tutor me for the concert!" Akashi pleaded. He was ready to go on his hands and knees if necessary. He gave him a blank look and placed a hand over her mouth to cover her gasp of realization. 

"Dear God! Was that wailing sound you?" "Hey!" He interjected. Sure he was bad, but she didn't have to go around rubbing salt in his wounds. She only let out a small giggle and rolled her eyes. "Seriously, it's not a big deal. Nobody really is gonna care if you hit the notes or not." She shrugged. Oh, but it was. Y/N tucked another book into her backpack, going back to putting away her things. He shook his head. This was more than a "big deal", his livelihood practically depended on it.  Akashi sighed, he bent his face down forcing her to look at his sad pitiful eyes. "Please. Dinners on me the next few weeks, just please crank a note out of me!" Y/N smiled at him shaking her head. "What happened to that cocky attitude on the court? I guess." She smiled up at him, countering his downtrodden countenance. He let out a grin, feeling a little bit of the tension flee his body. 

Y/N sighed. When the offer was taken, it was assumed he wouldn't be that bad. But, Akashi was "that bad", possibly even worse. He definitely wasn't meant to be anywhere near a stage. 

"God Akashi, I hate to say this but you're so damn awful." Y/N was even putting it nicely. Akashi groaned and began to nervously tear the ends of his sheet music, to which Y/N put gentle hands on top of his urging him to stop. "You know, it doesn't matter if you can sing or not. She's not gonna fail you for being bad. All this is, is participation points." But, were those points worth the humiliation? Probably not. 

"I can't! I would rather die than do that!" Sighing, Y/N took a seat next to his withered body. Just like a flower, Akashi only improved when he was nurtured. She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder then proceeded to cup his face in her hands. She inspected his sullen face and then squished his cheeks. "Akashi, that frown doesn't suit you very much." He glared at her trying to speak however his voice was muffled from the grip on his face. "Well, if you were in my predicament, you wouldn't be too happy either. Now, can you get your hands off? They aren't clean!" Y/N only laughed in response refusing to let go. "Not until you turn the frown upside down." She pinched his cheeks the skin turning red under her touch. He rolled his eyes and took her hands in his. "Stop. I'm being serious." They stayed like that for a moment before she placed her hands on her lap and turned away. He did the same. "Akashi, stop worrying your pretty little head. Barely any of us in the class can crank out a note." She shrugged her shoulders again and gently brushed her thumb over the side of his arm. He turned to her with a small grin. 

"At least offer to sing terribly with me?" He clasped his fingers around hers in a swift gesture, his face suddenly coy. Y/N tangled her own fingers in his. 

"Whatever, idiot."