Toru Oikawa (Haikyuu!!)

"Trashykawa." Iwazumi lifted his hand to "pat" him very firmly on the back. 

"IWA-" Oikawa's eyes bulged as he felt the strike on his back reverberate throughout his whole body. He swallowed back his words once he remembered he had an audience. "I-wa-zu-mi..." He dragged out each syllable. "That hurt." Oikawa giggled and struck Iwazumi with the same amount of affection. Iwazumi's black hair bounced and a little furrow appeared between his brows as he choked on his spit. 

"Wow they're such good friends!" 

"Oikawa is so cute towards his buddies!"

"OIKAWA!!" His fan club wailed. Oikawa scratched the back of his neck feigning what little humility he had. "Aw girls, you really do know how to put a smile on my face." He lightly tapped one of his groupies on the nose. "You disgust me." Iwazumi narrowed his eyes. He looked away and caught sight of their volleyball manager tossing stray balls into a nearby basket. Iwazumi decided to leave the fuss of bumbling women and helped Y/N clean up the aftermath of a 3 hour practice session. 

Fumbling over her feet Y/N struggled carrying two balls at a time. The school seemed to have an unlimited supply of balls and equipment, and although convenient it was a pain to clean up every day. Oikawa was busying himself finding his weekend dates to even manage taking down the net. Y/N sighed, a pain in the ass but so strikingly beautiful non the less. That was the effect Grand King Oikawa had on the net and in the classrooms. 

"You need to yell at him more. His ego is practically imploding at this point." Iwazumi grabbed the two balls out of her hand and picked up a third on his way to the basket. Y/N followed after him. 

"I can't barely get a peep out during practice. How could you possibly think I can yell?" Y/N mumbled. The only reason why she was the manager was because Oikawa bombarded her with outrageous propositions on her way out of the gym one day and she was too nervous and overwhelmed to utter out no. "To be honest, I don't think anybody here has heard you say a word." Iwazumi looked back at all the times she passed out water, cleaned up after them, prepared the team for games, all that was done without sacrificing a single word. In all fairness, they only talk now because he yelled at her straight into tears one day after practice. He was tired of her giving the team free passes. However, he was surprised when she pulled the team aside the next day for a talk, and although everyone could tell the small public speech gnawed a hole in her stomach, she was trying. He felt so bad and it didn't help that Oikawa hit him into oblivion when Iwazumi didn't apologize. He shook his head free from that memory and looked back down at Y/N. He studied her face as she studied Oikawa's. It was impossible to miss the lovestruck expression that fell upon her face every-time she caught sight of the asshole. "This unrequited love thing is getting ridiculous. Can't you just tell him?" Iwazumi dunked the two volleyballs into the basket and shrugged his shoulders. He firmly believed the only people who were blind to their love for each other, was them. Y/N quirked up an eyebrow and pointed to the display of Oikawa twirling some girls hair in between his fingers. "I think he would rather pursue his other options." She whispered. He grunted as he prepared to haul Oikawa across the court. He knew who Oikawa wanted, Oikawa just had a crappy way of showing it though. Iwazumi stomped across the court to where his "friend" laid comfortably against the frame of the gym doors, entertaining his guests. "Assikawa." Iwazumi said calmly. Oikawa turned around to face him. "HELP US CLEAN UP." Iwazumi boomed. 

Y/N stood on the tips of her toes trying to take down the net. These blasted giants had it good. 

"Here I got this one." Oikawa appeared from behind and raised his arms to disassemble the final piece of equipment. His hands gently brushed the tips of her fingertips and his chin rested on her head. She tensed at this sudden closeness. An alert blared in her head: there was no room left in between for Jesus that was for sure. Looking up she could see every vein and contour of his arm. Oikawa paused what he was doing and looked down at her. "Hey, I'm sorry. I got a little carried away back there." He cleared his throat awkwardly after. The space left between them was non-existent. Y/N quickly turned her face down, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. The red was starting to seep from her ears down to her cheeks. Iwazumi gagged from a distance, noticing the same nervous expression being reflected in Oikawa's face as well. She slid out from under him. "No worries! I understand you get tired after practice!" She moved her hands frantically around and even forced out a laugh. The worse thing for her would be to get on his bad side. Oikawa frowned. She could at least fake being jealous to spare him his feelings. "Well, I'll see you around!" She turned on her heel and tried to make a run for it, however, she was stopped by a firm hand clasped onto her wrist. "I-" Oikawa cut himself off and grumbled a little bit. He couldn't bear to tell her this eye to eye. He could feel his knees crumbling. "I-Ya know you can yell at me?" He picked at the back of his head. He also wanted to pick apart his brain. What in the hell kinda of statement was that? "Why would I need to yell at you?" Y/N gasped. Yelling at Oikawa was unspeakable. It was like condemning a saint. Although, he wasn't all that saintly. He silently cringed. "No, I mean- well- I mean you yell at Iwazumi all the time-I guess what I'm trying to say is, we're close right?" His voice cracked a bit at the end. Y/N gave him a wide-eyed stare. "Yes-yes." She stuttered. It was her turn to look away. His hand was still wrapped around her wrist, except his grip was less frantic. He caught sight of his hand and immediately dropped her wrist. Iwazumi watched painfully from the sidelines. People sure had a way of getting under his skin.