Levi Ackerman/Rivaille (Attack on Titan)

Y/N's POV

"Cadet Y/N if you intend not to participate, why don't you and I be a pair. Now, hurry over here you twit and fight me." Captain Levi said his leg resting on the fence. I was screwed. No way will I be able to survive that small man's beatings. He'll trounce all over my existence. I swallowed nervously nodding. I positioned myself in front of the Captain quietly re-stating my testament in my mind.

"I'll give my blanket to Mikasa, my books to Armin, I'll give Eren some chill because that angry kid needs it, I'll give Jean my horse because they'll bond nicely, and-"

"Mutt, shut up and focus." Levi growled. I mumbled an incoherent sorry and did my best trying to avoid his attacks. Surprisingly,  I survived a long time without getting hit. "I'll live!" I whispered happily. Levi rolled his eyes kneeing me in the stomach. He really dug his knee cap up there I thought he twisted a few organs. Actually, he probably did. I grunted and picked myself back up successfully landing my first hook onto Levi's face. I smiled happily. I wasn't as useless as he made me seem. "Wipe that smile off your face Y/N! You are surprisingly sadistic." He uttered spitting blood out from his mouth. He pulled my hands behind his back sighing. All the cadets were silent and all eyes were fixed on me.

"This fights over you, idiot." He breathed into my ear. I struggled to hold back the tears in my eyes. Not only did it hurt like hell but, I was also publically humiliated. Not once has this man been kind to me like the others. He never says sorry and he's always in my face. Whenever he makes a mess Petra is always there to clean it up for him being the only person decent enough to show me respect. I faced the floor my head pulsating. "Hey, twit are you even paying attention?!" Levi yelled earning me looks from my colleagues. I could see Armin arguing my case out of the corner of my eye but, his figure began to be blurred out by my tears. Shadows began to loom my face.

"Why do you hate me?" I asked Levi bent down.

"I'm sorry what did you say?" He obviously heard me that little bonehead.

"I said why do you hate me?!" I said firmer my voice still disconnected and breaking.

"Look Y/N-" I shoved myself off and left training ignoring the shouts from the higher ups. I was done.

Third person POV

Y/N laid in bed ignoring the pounding of the door. Mikasa tried first followed by Armin, Eren, Jean, and Krista. However, Y/N never opened the door she was too busy blubbering into her pillow to even notice. They all moved away from the frame as Levi began knocking.

"With all due respect sir, I don't think she would want to see your face right now. I know I wouldn't." Mikasa barked glaring down at the Captain.

"Mikasa stop!" Armin yelled clinging onto the dark haired female.

"All of you get to bed." They all followed instructions and left him alone with Y/N, a door only separating the two. "Brat, I'll give you three seconds to open the door. Three, two, one.." Y/N opened the door only to be met with a strong kick to the leg.

"What the hell Levi?!" She shrieked hissing in pain as more tears started to roll down her face. "Twit I didn't know you were gonna open the door so I was gonna kick it down!" He shot back kneeling down to make sure she was okay. Y/N swatted his hand away. "LEVI YOU'RE A SELF CENTERED IDIOT! LEAVE ME ALONE!" Y/N dashed towards her bed and once again drenched it in tears. Levi sighed and shuffled his way towards the bed. The mattress dipped down beside her and she ignored it. Levi began to speak.

"I'm sorry if I treat you harsher than the others but, I wanna see you make it out alive. I know my way of protecting all of you is rough and uncalled for but, please trust me. We're all a team. Only fools fight this alone. So, will you forgive me? For the sake of your safety?" He asked. She only nodded closing her eyes.

"It would be really painful to lose any of you. Especially, you brat you've been leeching off of me for a long time now. It'll get really lonely if you weren't here to entertain me with your stupidity." Y/N laughed, smiled at Levi, and sat up. She began to wipe the tears with her sleeve. "Here, I'll wipe them for you. We paid a lot of money for that shirt." Levi deadpanned using his handkerchief to erase her tears. He placed the small cloth in her hand and made his exit.

"Night Y/N."

"Goodnight, Captain."