Uta (Tokyo Ghoul)

"There she goes."

"Damn she was a little too hard on him, don't ya think?"

"Always the same with that girl."

Y/N knawed on her lollipop. Instead of slowly licking the sugary treat, she was now shredding it to bits in her mouth, each bite leaving tiny flavoured crystals around her tongue and melting into a strawberry syrup. She closed her eyes in frustration scrunching her face into a very agitated expression.

"I wasn't hard on him enough! Damn cheater!" She yelled out into the crowded street. A mother paced quickly past the scene, dragging her son behind her despite his eyes highly focused on Y/N who was stomping on a newspaper left outside by a buildings tenet. Her gaze cut like blades and she exhaled within short one second increments each breath sharper than the last. She let out a loud cry raising her boot and kicking the nearest thing she saw.

"YOU"

"CHEATING"

"TWAT!"

The vending machine reverberated and a small dent started forming under the stress of each kick. "Twat. TWat. TWAt. TWAT. TWAT!" Each time she got louder which created an alarming amount of noise for one girl but, it was no surprise considering the loud volume she was starting with. Her screaming went from tolerable to deafening.

"Y/N! What the hell?! That's public property!" Touka took her by the arm exerting all the energy she had trying to pull Y/N and her murderous foot away from anything else she could destroy. It was really a display of humour watching a high school student detain a twenty-year-old through the streets. An annoyed sigh left the old mans mouth as they both entered the cafe.

"Really? Again?" Nishiki glanced at her in distaste as he twirled around in his stool. Yomo only shook his head back and forth.

"He cheated? Again?" Kaneki asked already prepping a cup of coffee for the sulking women. "She's beautiful alright, can rival a goddess, and also has a talent for picking the WORST men as boyfriends." Touka shrugged hanging her coat across a chair. Nishiki took a seat in front of her. "So, I heard your boyfriend has been pretty busy?" Y/N sulked even more. Hinami gave him a hard slap on the back of his head. He quickly withdrew from the sentence he was going to say next. "You really are getting too easy." Touka pinched Kaneki's arm but, that didn't keep Y/N from falling deeper into her sulking session. A bell rang from the door and Uta stumbled in.

"I just saw the slick bastard-" He stopped when he noticed Y/N's already fragile state. He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly and gave them all a sheepish smile. "I guess she's already found out." He laughed a little to try and lift her spirits. Uta quickly came to her aid and patted her back consolingly trying his best to try and control her negative attitude. "I hate all men." She mumbled staring stoically at the wall. Uta chuckled nervously hoping she didn't really hate ALL men. "Come on! You don't really mean all men do you?" Y/N ignored Uta's comment and glared at Nishiki. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "How come she insists to look at me when she say's that?!" "She's going through her normal phases. She'll be fine tomorrow." Uta nodded in agreement and looked at Y/N "Let us not glare okay?" He smiled and pinched the sides of Y/N's cheeks.

+

Whatever phase Touka was talking about was completely off the mark. She was still in a solemn mood came breakfast which, was way different from what they all had experienced in the past. Usually, she was all perky and already dressed for the start of the day but, there she was swirling a spoon around a coffee cup still clothed in her pajamas. Uta sighed and shook his head.

"This won't do." He stood up and Y/N lazily glanced back at him. "Get dressed! Let's go out and have fun!"

+