Art (Hamatora)

Y/N sighed looking down at the contents of my cart. Y/N had the strawberries, shiratamako, and sugar. The only thing left was the paste. Groaning Y/N dragged her feet across the isle idly carrying the basket on her forearm mentally wishing the ingredients were more conveniently placed. Brushing a piece of hair past her shoulder she entered the next section of the store staring at the assortments of sesame oil and rice paper sitting on the shelves. Stopping in front of the anko Y/N stood on the tips of her toes her soles rising to the air. She stuck out her tongue in concentration cursing due to her lacking in the height department.

"Mother I love you but, why were you so short!" She growled her arms beginning to waver. Her only solution was to jump. Y/N ignored the looks from the random spectators who frowned at her disruptive bouncing figure. Finally, grabbing the paste she tossed it in her basket marching her way towards the cashier. "This isn't like the home I'm used to. Everybody's either too fast to help or I'm just too slow to catch up." She mumbled grabbing the crinkled paper bags. She sent thanks to the cashier and offered a benign smile which, he ignored cramming the receipt and change in her hands. Her smile faltered and became a melancholy frown. Exiting the store she snuggled into her scarf shivering as the cold air nipped her nose. "I don't think I know the way to the apartment." Y/N said her body tired from the overwhelming surroundings. Shrugging she aimlessly wandered the streets struggling against the sea of bodies in her way. Her clicking heels came to a halt and she decided to rest her drained body next to an old merchant. She leaned against the tall building staring at the old women's flower stand. Her groceries were perched upon her lap as her numbed fingers struggled to grip onto her handbag. 

"Miss would you like to take a look." The old women's smile made her even more adorable. Y/N nodded gazing longly at the tiny buds sprouting in front of her. "Tough time settling into the city?" Y/N weakly smiled and hummed a yes in response still admiring the orchids. The old lady chuckled and wrapped some peonies in wax paper. "I was just like you when I was younger. Tired and done with the big city." Y/N quirked up a brow her mouth agape. "Surprising I know. I was a stubborn girl but, this town holds people who go at different speeds. It took one man to slow down and wait for a slow girl in a fast city for me to actually enjoy this buzzing life." The old women tied the wax paper together with string and handed the pale peonies to the young girl. "Take em. You'll need something to keep you company till some man slows down. Plus, they look great in any home." The women's crinkled hands brushed against the buttery surface of the girls fingers. Y/N smiled and made her way towards the street offering a smile at the women which she returned. "Are you gonna remember the directions?" The old women yelled after her. Y/N nodded with a grin.             

Y/N slowly walked home replaying the women's words in her head. Suddenly, a fast figure ran by literally knocking the poor girl off her feet. "NICE!" A young man shouted scolding the vibrantly dressed boy. Nice turned around and yelled an apology only to run faster and far from anyone's sight. Y/N hissed removing her shoes and rubbing her blistered heel. "Ouchie." She repeated. "Miss, are you okay?" A violet-eyed man asked helping her to her feet. She nodded bending back down to grab what she dropped on the ground letting out a sigh of relief when the flowers were left unharmed. "Here, allow me to assist you. It's the least I can do." Y/N nodded muted by the sight of the charming man beside her. They walked in silence to her apartment. She shoved the keys into the door and pushed it open allowing him some space to get in. "Um you can set those on the counter." She said as she painfully peeled off her heels. The man moved some of his hair behind his ear kneeling in front of the girl. "You might wanna bandage that up." He grabbed her ankle taking her by surprise. Her face turned bright red due to the immediate touch as did his. "S-Sorry."He apologised. 

"I'm Art by the way."

"I'm Y/N..."

"Y/N I'm getting the flowers... Yes... I know what they look like... Yes...YES...Okay, I'm hanging up now." Art rolled his eyes only to smile afterwards. He ran towards the merchant his eyes searching for the correct flowers. "Hi, I'm looking for-" The old women laughed and handed the urgent young boy the peonies. "Now, hurry home young man! You look like you need to pee!" Arts cheeks reddened as he gave a bow to the old women. 

"She finally found a man who slowed down."