Balder Hringhorni (Kamigami no Asobi)

Vesta Roman goddess of the home, hearth, and family.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Balder where are you?" Yui yelled frantically searching through the halls.

"YUUII!" Balder screamed drawing out her name. Everything was going smoothly and he seemed athletic enough to manage until he tripped, again. "Ow ow ow..." He mumbled brushing a hand across his injured knee. It wasn't so much of a battle wound but, the cut was still somewhat deep. Muffled footsteps came in contact with the floor as Vesta dropped some of Master Thoth's scrolls and ran towards the blonde male.

"Sir Balder, please be more careful!" The brunette haired girl exclaimed. She sighed examining the cut on his leg.

"Sorry Vesta!" Balder apologized, scratching his neck awkwardly. It was very odd for him to see the girl talking. She quietly participated in club activities, she never raised her hand in class but managed to get along with Master Thoth, and she really was very reserved in response. Her silver eyes were fixated on the wound. Vesta pulled out a band-aid and wiped the excess blood with a cloth. She stood up and brought out a hand for Balder who accepted it.

"Thanks, Vesta!" Balder said smiling happily down at the girl. Vesta gave a deep bow and continued on leaving him on his own.

"Balder what happened to your knee?" Yui asked furrowing her eyebrows together. Balder lifted a slender finger to his chin and silently tapped on it.

"Say Yui, can I join another club?" Balder asked.

"I don't see why not but, what's wrong with tennis club?" Yui questioned crossing her arms.

"Nothing I just wanna experience more things!" He yelled defensively.

"Which club would you want to join?"

"Hm, What club is Vesta Cyprianus in?"

Balder peered over at Vesta who was arranging the flowers towards the front of the greenhouse. It really was just them two in the building since nobody dared to work with the mousey girl.

"Balder you'll soak your uniform and overwater the Delphiniums!" Vesta warned pulling Balder's hands away from the rusted watering can.

"Sorry!" He screeched. She gave him a weak smile and continued on arranging the roses. They spent most of their time in silence, Balder sneaking a few glances here and there. It was surprising how many flowers she managed to grow on her own. Balder wiped his hands and ripped off his gloves as he began exploring the shrubbery. "Ouch." A small voice whispered. Balder turned around and raced towards Vesta who was bleeding scary amounts of blood.

"VESTA ARE YOU OKAY?" He screamed slightly overwhelmed by the sight. Her long curls became tousled by the wind as she nodded.

"Just a small gash. Nothing to worry about." She muttered. Balder let out a sigh of relief as he pulled her towards the first aid kit propped up on the table. He pulled out a bandage and forced her to sit down. In all honestly, he was scared she was gonna pass out from blood loss but, he may have been exaggerating her condition a wee bit. "Balder you don't have to! It's fine!" She yelled frantically moving her hands. "Hand please." Balder said laying out his hand so she could lay hers down. She reluctantly placed it in his hand. Balder stared at her tiny fingers and encased the wound in gauze. "I think that should be it!" Balder smiled proudly and pulled her off of the chair only resulting in him tripping over his shoe and bringing poor Vesta down with him. Their faces were inches away from each other and they both laid there dumbfounded. "I-I uh..." Vesta stuttered immensely as Balder gulped hard almost making him choke. "Bal-Balder c-c-ca-can yo-you uh..." Vesta didn't necessarily want him to get off but, the positioning wasn't exactly comfortable. "RIGHT!" Balder yelled a little too eagerly getting up and coughing awkwardly. Vesta stood up and stared at Balder's retreating figure.

"I forgot I'm late for tennis!" He yelled his face red with embarrassment.

"Wait Balder!" Her voice was like bells. She handed him a single pale flower enveloping it in his hands cautiously. "That is a Lisianthus um, it's a thank you gift for today. It was really nice hanging out with you and your company was real, um nice. I would like to see you again if that's okay?" She asked twirling her feet below her. He grinned nodding feverishly. She inched closer and went on the tips of her toes kissing him on the cheek. The red returned to Balders face. "Um, you should go to tennis now before I take those words back." She mumbled turning the other way avoiding his gaze. "Y-Yes Ma'am!" Balder saluted and dashed out.

"VESTA GET IT TOGETHER!" She yelled to herself once he was gone. She slapped her cheeks and took a sharp intake of breath.

"Loki what is the symbolism behind Lisianthus flowers?" Balder asked his smirking friend.

"Why would I know? Balder just know this. If little kitty gave you a flower she's probably into you." Loki stated. Balder smiled again.

She likes me.