Chapter 4: Confession

Shuichi sat in his room furrowing his brow as he tried to understand what Kokichi said to him yesterday.
"Is he confessing to me? Wait, if he is.. That means he likes me.. Or has a crush on me er something like that.." Shuichi mumbled as he chewed on the sleeve of his black shirt.
'But do I even like Kokichi back? I haven't really thought about it all that much..' Shuichi closed his eyes as he pictured the boy in his head. His violet hair that shimmered in the sunlight matched with his eyes that always seemed sweet but there was mischief hiding not far behind it. He had pale skin that blended in a little too well with his white uniform. And his checkered scarf, it was something that always stood out. Probably related to that D.I.C.E. gang he was speaking of. He was the king of mayhem and tricks but his small size wasn't very intimidating. The Ultimate Supreme Leader. What a scary title. He seemed to take it fairly seriously. Although, no one would be surprised if he was The Ultimate Liar/Deceiver.
But then Shuichi started to remember how he felt whenever he was around Kokichi.
His heart would start racing as if he was scared of him. He never knew what Kokichi might do next. Especially since he plotted a murder with Tenko which almost lead to Shuichi's demise. But, some part of him loved to be with Kokichi. He was funny and always had something to say, even if it was mean he seemed to never really mean it. Kokichi at times could even be a little shy. Just like how he was acting in the garden. Although he had a careless attitude towards everyone he was softer to Shuichi. He didn't seem hostile until he brought up something personal which was pretty understandable. Above all, Shuichi almost felt his heart flutter whenever Kokichi simply touched him. Feeling the warmth of his body on his was an experience he could ever forget. He loved it.... He loved him.

"Huh? Why you comin' to me for your stupid relationship advice?" Miu sneered as she crossed her arms.
"I-I don't know.. You were the only person I could think of.." Shuichi muttered, starting to regret his decision
"Hmph. Whatever, I guess I'll help you.. So, who's the lucky gal? And don't you dare say it's me!" Miu snapped as she went back to working on a small machine.
"Well.. It's a guy..." Miu's eyes widened at this.
"Aaah! Shuichi's a little queer, huh? Honestly I'm not surprised. Anyone who wears that much eyeliner is clearly not straight." Miu snickered but was now giving Shuichi her full attention.
"Is it that weird space kid you hang around?"
"Umm.. Er.. No. Kaito's my friend but... It's Kokichi..."
"WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!" Miu stumbled back as if she was absolutely terrified of
Shuichi. "YOU LIKE THAT BRAT?" Shuichi was a bit startled by the girl's words but quickly put on a stern face.
"He's not a brat you just haven't gotten to know him.." Shuichi murmured. Miu rolled her eyes seemingly trying to ignore Shuich's words.
"Anyways.. Are you trying to ask him out?"
"Something like that... Yesterday he was telling me all this stuff like being boyfriend material and a bunch of other things I couldn't understand. Anyways,I Just don't know how I feel about him yet." Shuichi stated as a light shade of red brightened his face.
"You know, he could just be lying again. He's a deceiver ya'know?" Miu pointed out as she ran her fingers through her strawberry blonde hair.
"I don't know this time.. He seemed rather serious about the whole ordeal. Something about the way he was acting was just, not the normal Kokichi. He was being genuine." Shuichi put his thumb on his chin as he spoke.
"Once again, he's a huge liar. I wouldn't trust that kid with anything. Especially your feelings. Common! Am I the only smart one around here?" The girl waved her hands around and seemed to go on about her hatred for Kokichi before Shuichi stopped her.
"No. You're wrong about him." Shuichi quickly turned away and started to walk out of the room.
"Huh? The hells this about?" Miu snapped as she ran up behind Shuichi.
"I don't want your help if you're just gonna keep bashing him. I've made up my mind..." Shuichi glared at the girl before swiftly running off.
"He's insane." Miu muttered as she picked her wrench back up.

"Hm? Oh, Good afternoon Saihara-Chan!" Kokichi greeted his taller partner but was more invested in his card game.
"Kokichi.. There's something I wanted to ask you..." Shuichi said in a timid voice that now had Kokichi's attention.
"Oh? What's this about? Wait! Is it about yesterday? You must be dying for an answer then! Well, if you want one then you have to go get me a waffle." Kokichi said with a smug look smeared across his face.
"Huh? Why would I do that?" Shuichi tried to persuade Kokichi but he was simply too stubborn. Shuichi sighed as he drug himself to the 'cafeteria' area and had to make one himself. He doused it in maple syrup like Kokichi required him to do. Once he was finished, he brought it back to where Kokichi was sitting but the only problem was... Kokichi was no longer there.
Shuichi groaned and began basically searching the whole school but after 30 minutes he gave up.
"Whatever I shouldn't have even trusted him in the first place.." Shuichi stepped outside, a cool breeze brushing against his body.
"Finally.. Some fresh air." Shuichi mumbled before starting to sit down. Shuichi shut his eyes and enjoyed the peacefulness of the outside but his relaxing was soon interrupted by something grabbing his shoulders forcing him to yelp.
"What took you so long? I was dying of starvation!" Shuichi swiftly opened his eyes and of course was now faced by Kokichi who had a stern look.
"Hey! It's not my fault you ran off!" Shuichi snapped as he watched Kokichi nibble on his now cold waffle.
"Anyways, I suppose you deserve to know your results. So let me give it to you straight... You passed! You seem to be just my type!" Kokichi swayed happily, beginning to pat Shuichi's head. "You even got me the waffle that I didn't really need!"
"Wh-What? Was that another one of your tricks?!" Shuichi started blushing from embarrassment and wished he would've known sooner.
"B-But... You think I'm the right guy for you...?"  Shuichi asked in a soft voice, starting to lock eyes with Kokichi.
"Yes of course! You're the only one who's ever given me a chance!" Kokichi declared as he leaned in closer to Shuichi.
"So... What's your answer? Will you accept the role of being my little pawn?" Kokichi said trying to be somewhat intimidating but his voice was so soft, he didn't show it but Kokichi was just about as nervous as Shuichi.
Shuichi recalled the feelings he felt around Kokichi before. His heart raced and he could feel himself tremble. He put his hand on top of Kokichi's hand and soon found his lips on Kokichi's. It was such a wondrous feeling. Something Shuichi or Kokichi haven't felt before. They lasted a moment before Shuichi had to force himself to pull away.
"S-Sorry I don't know what-" Kokichi placed a finger on Shuichi's lips.
"Don't be sorry emo boy. I've been waiting for this moment since day one." Kokichi grinned brightly as he went back in for seconds, now being a bit more passionate about it, running his hands through Shuichi's soft blue hair. They held each other closely and acted like one of them was just gonna slip away at any moment. They eventually had the catch their breath but stared deeply into eachothers eyes.
"You suck at kissing ya know.." Kokichi said in a playful tone as he brought Shuichi into a tight hug. Shuichi frowned a bit at this.
"It was my first..." Shuichi mumbled, feeling a little ashamed now.
"Heh, mine to!" Kokichi pressed his forehead against Shuichi's basically being as close as he could manage.
"What if I told you my lips were poisoned?" Kokichi giggled but Shuichi started to look as if he'd seen a ghost.
"Wh-What you- Huh?" Shuichi stuttered as Kokichi broke into laughter.
"I got you again! Man, you're so gullible, Saihara-Chan!" Kokichi said through a few snickers and giggles.
"Well don't scare me like that! Don't expect me to kiss you ever again now!" Shuichi crossed his arms. This made Kokichi sad and he quickly tried to get him to hug him once more.
"It was just a little jooooooke! Don't punish me like this Shuichi! I'll die if I don't get to kiss you!" Kokichi whined, tugging on Shuichi's shirt in the process of trying to be obnoxious.
Shuichi rolled his eyes before gently kissing Kokichi's forehead to get him to calm down and not make a big deal out of it.
"So... Does this mean we're a thing now?" Kokichi's violet eyes sparkled a little as he asked the question. Shuichi paused a moment before nodding his head 'yes.'
Kokichi bounced up and down in excitement smothering Shuichi in yet another hug.
"Nehehe! I love you Saihara-Chan"
"I love you too, Kokichi."