Chapter 5: The Worlds Most Notorious Criminal..Is A Softie?

A few weeks had passed by and things were going well for Shuichi and Kokichi. They kept things pretty low file for now. They weren't worried about being judged, they just didn't think it was important for everyone to know. But, they weren't very subtle about it either. Kaito pointed out how Kokichi was spending so much time with Shuichi and that he was, "Angry about his sidekick being stolen from him." Tsumugi spoke up about how they noticed them also holding hands on a few occasions. Kokichi of course wanted to be very clingy towards his lover but Shuichi felt a bit uncomfortable or like they were being one of those really dramatic couples who basically made out every second in front of everyone. But, everything was going great.

"Kokichi.. It's time to wake up. You've been sleeping all morning. At least get off me." Shuichi muttered in a calm voice as he stroked his boyfriend's mauve fluffy hair. Kokichi groaned loudly and stuffed his face into Shuichi's shoulder.
"A little..longer.." Kokichi said tiredly, looking up at his taller partner.
"Common, we have to get up." Shuichi informed him, Kokichi made an annoyed expression.
"You're no fuuuun." But before Shuichi could come back with a smug reply he was pinned down by Kokichi. Kokichi held Shuichi down by the wrists and put on a cocky grin. "You look so cute when you're vulnerable." Kokichi craned his head a bit so he was closer to Shuichi's face. "You're trembling. Are you scared I'm gonna hurt you~? How rude, don't you trust me Shuichi?" Shuichi didn't realize it but he really was trembling out of his mind. He wasn't scared of Kokichi anymore, he was just nervous about what he was planning to d0 with him in this state. Shuichi starred up into Kokichi's lust filled eyes with a nervous grin.
"I-I'm not scared of you.." Shuichi managed to stutter out. Kokichi cocked an eyebrow briefly and slowly began to place his lips on top of his blue haired boyfriend. Shuichi was a bit taken back but soon learned to enjoy the soft feeling of his lover's lips. They kissed passionately before Kokichi finally pulled back with a small pant.
"Heh. You're getting much better. Have you been practicing on your pillow~?" Kokichi grinned evilly making Shuichi cringe a bit.
"No of course I haven't, you weirdo!" Shuichi shouted in defense, giving him a small shove.
"Nishishi! You know I'm just messing with you! You're an awful kisser!" Kokichi continued picking on Shuichi for his lack of skills in relationships until Shuichi got out of bed, making Kokichi complain even more. "Common! Can we just skip breakfast today! I wanna spend more time with you! I don't wanna be around those idiots! Pretty please can we just have one day all to ourselves?" Kokichi gave him his best puppy dog eyes and tugged on his sleeve.
"We spend everyday together, Kokichi.. But, I suppose one day couldn't hurt.." The taller boy sat down on the edge of the bed and Kokichi was already tackling him with cuddles.
"Thank yoooouuu! Now I really won't kill you!"
"Yo-You were gonna kill me?"
"Of course! Just like in one of those cheesy romance movies that only depressed teens like you watch!"
"I-I don't watch those kinds of movies.."
"I know you've sat down and watched Twilight a few times, you can't hide it from me!"
Kokichi and Shuichi spent a few more times making remarks on each other and overall having a good time. That was until there was a loud bang against the door. Both of the Ultimates jolted a bit and Shuichi shakily got up and opened the door.
"Hey shitasses! Where were you this morning, huh? Gettin down and dirty or something kinky like that?" Of course the only kind of dirty language would belong to The Ultimate Inventor, Miu Iruma. The strawberry blond headed girl invited herself in as Kokichi gave her a dirty look. Kokichi and Miu were notorious for having a burning hatred against each other and of course he didn't enjoy her being in his room, especially when she's invading her time with Shuichi.
"Of course the whore is trying to be a homewrecker.. You know the world doesn't just revolve around your gigantic chest!" Kokichi shouted at her to get her riled up.
"Hey! It's not like I wanted to come here! I was just told to check up on you two!" Shuichi finally came in to stop the bickering.
"Ah, I see.. Well, me and Kokichi are just going to spend some time together today. Sorry we skipped breakfast, he just insisted." Shuichi gave a weak grin and in seconds Miu was already pressing her body against him.
"Man, what's a cute emo kid like you doing with that gremlin?" The female stroked Shuichi's hair making him basically jump out of his skin. "Come play with me Shuichi! I'll treat you right~" Shuichi glanced over at Kokichi who was fuming at this. He abruptly stood up and walked over to Miu and shoved her as hard as he possibly could. For as weak and fragile as Kokichi appeared he had a lot of strength to him and could definitely hurt someone if he really wanted to. Miu collapsed and shouted at Kokichi who was now in a defense mode.
"What the hell you bitch! What was that for!"
"Oopsy! I'm such a klutz!" Kokichi put on his innocent persona immediately. "I'm sowwy Miu I was just trying to give you a little hug!"
"I know sure as hell that you're lying! You totally just shoved me on purpose!" Kokichi seemed to have shifted again and now looked extremely pissed off.
"What are you gonna do about it? Flash your boobs or something?" Kokichi snarled and walked up to the girl on the floor. Miu squealed and scrambled away before bolting out the door. Kokichi turned back to Shuichi with a triumphant smile. "Yay I got rid of the skank! Are you proud of me, hmm?" Kokichi put his arms around Shuichi's waist, swaying gently.
"u-Umm.. I suppose? Well, I'm happy you got her off me but I'm not so sure if you had to be so mean about it.."
"She was trying to steal you from me! Of course I had to be a jerk! Man, if only there were a way to get rid of her.." Kokichi thought to himself a moment before returning his mischievous grin.
"I don't think that's a good idea.." Shuichi murmured as he got Kokichi to lay back down on the bed. They laid facing each other and held each other closely. Letting a few kisses slip by from time to time. Kokichi had his legs tangled with his partners and at least every part of him was touching the others. Kokichi never wanted to let go. This was the first time he'd felt such peace in years. Occasionally they would whisper to each other but it was mostly calm and comfortable silence. Kokichi threw his arms around Shuichi's neck and ran his fingers throughout his short navy blue hair with a small chuckle.
"What if I told you my confession was all a lie!"
"Well, I wouldn't believe you because I don't think you would be acting like this if you didn't love me. B-But you're not being serious.. Right?" Shuichi's eyes got wide with a bit of worry.
"You know I hate lies and tricks!....Okay, yeah I was joking about that. You know to much about me now that I have to love you no matter what! If we break up, you could tell them about how I'm not as cruel as I put myself to be!"
"You are a softy.. I'm happy that we're together, Kokichi. You were always a good person to me.. Even when you were a jerk every now and then." Shuichi returned the touch and looked deeply into the others eyes.
"You're so cute whenever you try flirting, Shuichi. It's pathetically hilarious."
"I-Is it th-that bad?"
"Gotcha again! Nehehe! You're so gullible! It's soooo cute!" Kokichi gave Shuichi a small kiss on the nose and smiled. "I love it when you look at me like that as well, it's like you're beginning me to do something dirty~"
"Do something dirty? What's that supposed to mean?"
"You know exactly what I mean! You like it when I get my body so close to yours, I bet you really want to play with me~!" Kokichi forced Shuichi's hand onto his thigh. Shuichi shivered as he was ordered to squeeze it. AS he did, Kokichi gave him a smug look.
"Feels nice, doesn't it? My body is all yours to play with, so go wild emo boy!"
"N-No.. I don't think I'm ready for that kind of step.. We're both teenagers as well.. I think we should wait this out.."
"Hmm.. I guess you're right! Sexualizing minors or putting them in sexual situations is not cool!" Kokichi seemed to be talking to an invisible force far beyond his reach.
"Yeah.. I guess that's a way of putting it.." Shuichi let a smile creep it's way onto his face as Kokichi rambled on about another topic.
"So, you've gotten over Kaede now, right?" Kokichi asked in an almost concerned voice. This caught Shuichi off guard but he nodded.
"Yes.. Why do you ask?"
"Last night, you were talking about her in your sleep. Going on about the note that I tore up." Kokichi pressed his head against Shuichi's chest and tried to comfort him even though he didn't seem sad.
"I don't remember having a dream about anything like that.. I don't need to worry about her anymore.. I just need to fulfill her request and get everyone out of here." Shuichi's tone was determined but a little wobbly but that was just his natural voice.
"You can always talk to me about your internalized depression! I'm a good listener!"
"I don't have depression, Kokichi.. Besides, I'm okay now. I just don't want to talk about her." Shuichi put his head on top of Kokichi's with a small sigh. For whatever reason, Kokichi seemed upset himself now. Shuichi took note of this and gave him a gentle squeeze.
"Want to get some tea?" Shuichi offered and Kokichi's face lit up with happiness.
"Yes of course I do! Common, let's go right now!" Kokichi sprung up from the bed and in an instant he was at the door. Shuichi on the other hand was having to get up slowly but went at a normal pace. "Your hair is as crazy as when you went into that emotional episode!" Kokichi pointed out.
"O-Oh.. I guess I'll just hope no one sees it then.."
"If we do I just tell them that I roughened you up in bed!"
"Kokichi I thought we just spoke about this.."
"Common! You let me make fun of Miu's chest! I'm your boyfriend, I get to joke about that kind of stuff!"
"I don't think that's how it works.."

As Kokichi insisted about making sexual remarks they eventually got to the 'cafeteria' area. Thankfully for Shuichi, no one was there and they could have some peace to themselves.
"Can we go to the arcade after? I just want some things to do. Plus, Maybe I can win you a few prizes like a good boyfriend.
"You're getting a bit invested in this boyfriend thing."
"Well of course I am! I love you Saihara-Chan!"
"Again with the nickname.." Shuichi prepared the tea as Kokichi rambled on about a completely different topic. Eventually, the tea was ready and Shuichi served it to his partner.
"Green tea? Yuck! I hate you Shuichi! You know I hate this tea the most!" Kokichi said as he took a big sip of the tea before giggling. "Just kidding! Great tea, Shuichi." Kokichi grinned evilly, the drink completely gone in just a few seconds.
"Thanks I guess.." Shuichi glanced around the room, Kokichi staring at him to get him to start up a conversation.
"Don't get all quiet on me on our first date. You'd be a pretty sucky boyfriend if you went quiet the whole time."
"Date? Is this a date?"
"Yeah! You asked me out! Do Monokuma brainwash you or something for you not to remember?"
"I don't remember saying this was a date."
"You must've hit your head because I remember you saying it was." Shuichi stared at Kokichi again before Kokichi laughed. "Man you've got the most evil look on your face! I was just messing with ya!"
"I feel like the teasing got worse now that I'm dating you.."
"You've gotta love me!" Shuichi spent time with Kokichi, poking fun at each other, which was mostly Kokichi, and drinking tea.

"I'm getting bored! Let's go to the arcade!" Shuichi felt a little sad at Kokichi's words.
"I thought we were having fun.."
"It would be even funner at the arcade!"
"Kokichi funner isn't a wor-"
"Hurry up slowpoke I wanna go!" Kokichi dragged Shuichi all the way to the arcade-esk area. Kokichi went on and played most if not all of the games there and somehow beat each and every one of them. "I'm bored again.." Kokichi claimed as he finished up another game. Shuichi's eyes widened in amazement.
"Wow Kokichi, I would've thought your talent would be the Ultimate Gamer.."
"Psh that title has already been taken.. Besides, who would waste their time on meaningless video games! The Supreme Leader has no time for such childish activities." Shuichi shrugged not knowing if he was joking or not but didn't exactly care.
"I bet you're into emo fashion! Let me get you something really edgy!" Kokichi pulled a small knife out of his pocket, making Shuichi tense up. "What are you so nervous about? It's just a knife!" Kokichi swung the knife around a bit to get a reaction out of the poor boy.
"Please put that away.."
"Ah, so you don't really trust me.." Kokichi sighed as he put down the object sadly. "I just wanted to give you a gift and you turn me down? How rude.." Kokichi muttered as he sniffled.
"N-No I don't mean it like that! The taller male matched his height with his lovers. "I know that you were trying to scare me. Don't pull that act on me please." Kokichi knew that his crocodile tears wouldn't work this time so he simply surrendered.
"You're too good Mr.Detective. Always catching criminals like me in the act." Kokichi rolled his eyes in defeat but did give into Shuichi's hug. It was a nice feeling for both of them. To hold each other tightly and embrace their presence. This would be the last moment of hope for both of them...