Chapter 7: I Won't Ever Let You Go, Kokichi!

Things were getting more and more intense as time passed. So many are dead now and the criminals have been punished. Kokichi has gone quiet yet again and has refused to see Shuichi. What is he hiding? What is this big plan that he has to keep away from me? Those were the thoughts that took over Shuichi's head as he started walking over to Kokichi's dorm. Shuichi didn't have the courage to confront Kokichi about it, even if he did he expected to be ignored. Not today. He was feeling brave and decided that now was the time to talk to him and see what he's been doing.
Knock knock.
No answer.
Knock knock.
Some shuffling was heard but still no answer.
Knock kn-
The door came open and there was Kokichi. He looked tired and annoyed. Shuichi had never seen Kokichi in such an awful state. It worried him deeply.
"May I please come inside? I need to talk to you." Shuichi's voice was frail but he also felt confident. Kokichi blinked a few times before hesitantly stepping back and allowing his boyfriend inside.
"Talk to me, Kokichi. I've been worried sick about you." Kokichi ignored him and instead laid down on his bed. Shuichi sighed and glanced around the room for any kind of clues. There were drawings on a few papers, one was of Shuichi with hearts surrounding it. Another was one of Kaito and Maki with their faces marked out. Typical of Kokichi so Shuichi didn't pay much attention to it. As Shuichi explored more Kokichi kept an eye on him.
Shuichi peaked under one of the boxes and there was a small piece of paper. It read:

"Dear Saihara-Chan:

                                         I'm sorry to reveal to you that I was the real masterm-"

"Hey! Put that down!" Kokichi yelled as he yanked the paper out of Shuichi's hands. "What do you think you're doing going through all my stuff? Don't you have any respect?" Kokichi growled as he folded the paper and threw it to the side.
"I-I'm sorry.. I'm just really scared for you.."
"Scared for me or scared of me, Shuichi? You know I haven't changed! I'm not your sweet innocent boyfriend! I'm the ruler of this school! Do you understand? This is my school! I am the king!" Kokichi's face went red from frustration before he slowly calmed down. "Now get out of my room before I hurt you."
"Kokichi.. Wa-wait.. I know you're better than this.."
"You don't know me.. Get away.." Kokichi gritted his teeth before shoving Shuichi, knocking the breath out of him and caused him to fall down. "I've got something big planned.. And you aren't gonna stop me." Frustrated, Kokichi stomped over to where Shuichi was laying and put his foot on his chest. "Don't screw this up for me." Shuichi's grey eyes saddened and he didn't know what to do at this point. He was so hurt and confused. He felt helpless against Kokichi's power. Whenever Kokichi wanted something he was determined to get it. He wasn't going to give up now.
"Kokichi.. Let us figure something out, okay?"
"No idiot! I don't want anything to do with you! Get out of my life!" With that, Kokichi began to drag Shuichi by his hair to the door and pushed it open, throwing him out. Kokichi slammed the door while Shuichi stared in shock as to what happened. This wasn't the Kokichi he knew. This was someone completely different.
"I have to stop him from whatever he is planning.." The detective muttered to himself as he brushed himself off.

Shuichi spent days trying to figure out what was going on with Kokichi. He went around asking his fellow classmates if they had noticed anything wrong with Kokichi.
"Meh?" The small red headed magician asked. "Is there something wrong with Kokichi..? I guess he's just a weirdo.." Himiko said in a low bored tone. "I have noticed that you guys stopped hanging out." Shuichi nodded.
"He's not talking to me. I'm worried that he's up to something."
"Maybe try asking Kaito about it.. I saw him talking with Kokichi not too long ago.." The Ultimate Mage explained. 
"A-Ah.. Thank you for your help Himiko.." With a determined face, Shuichi left the girl and was going to confront Kaito about the situation.

"I'm never gonna let you go Kokichi.." Shuichi murmured as he clenched his fist.

"Maki.. Have you seen Kaito around?" The girl with long pigtails looked up at him with big ruby eyes. She huffed before speaking.
"Why must you know?" Maki cocked an eyebrow. Of course that sounded suspicious. Especially since it was coming from Shuichi. After all, he was hanging around with Kokichi for so long and who knows what kind of mind games he pulled.
"I need to talk to him about Kokichi." Maki's face went cold at the name.
"Why would Kaito be involved with Kokcihi?"
"Himiko told me that she had seen him speaking to him. I'm worried about both of them.." Shuichi said in a rather upset tone. He didn't realize it but, he had been trying to block his tears. The girl shifted in her place and fiddled with her dark brown hair.
"To be honest.. I don't know where he's at myself.. I'm worried about Kaito." Maki glanded around.
"What's been happening with Kokichi?"
"He won't talk to me.. Er.. I mean, he will talk to me.. Just not very kindly. I tried to talk to him earlier but it was of no use. I'm trying my best, I just need to know where Kaito is to get some information out of him."
"I understand.. I will assist you in finding Kaito then. Only because Kaito is my friend. I don't care about Kokichi one bit. Understood?" Maki's oura seemed to change. She seemed more serious then she ever has been. "And if that brat puts even a fingernail on him.. I'll rip that liar to shreds.." The girl growled as she already began walking.

"What do you think they're planning?:" Maki asked the detective.
"I'm assuming something super big."
"Ah.." Maki paused.. "Kaito means a lot to me." Maki said calmly.
"I can tell and I understand why. He's a nice guy."
"Yeah.. A super nice guy.. He's the first person I've cared about in a while."
"I feel the same about Kokichi. He helped me get over Kaede's death and was an overall great support.. Although, sometimes he would be a little tricky but I guess that's just a Kokichi thing."
"Please don't bring up his name.. Even hearing it brings me a headache.."
"I understand.. But, I hope everything will be okay."
"Mhm.."

...

"Hey you two! You've been walking around for a while!" A female voice called out.
Shuichi looked over. Suddenly Tsumugi, The Ultimate Cosplayer, came out in front of them.
"Hey, Tsumugi.. We are just looking for Kaito.." Tsumugi took a bit of interest in Shuichi's words.
"I didn't know you were a wingman Shuichi!" Maki blushed and shook her head.
"We are just looking for him so we can get some information out of him.
"Ooooh.. I saw him standing outside of Kokichi's room.. Pretty suspicious.." Tsumugi claimed, crossing her arms.
"Really? Thank you.." Shuichi muttered as he tried pushing past the girl. "We'll fill you in when we get done if you want.. See you later.." Shuichi left along with Maki.
"Why was she spying on us..?" Maki asked Shuichi.
"I'm not sure.. I was a bit weirded out by it as well.."
"You don't think she's trying to create herself an alibi for something do you?"
"I don't think it's good to think about something like that right now. We should just focus on getting to them and finding out what's really going on."
"Understood..

There was loud shouting and banging and the door was locked shut. Kokichi threw curses and punches at Kaito who took each one perfectly unharmed. If Kokichi didn't stop.. He was gonna get himself killed.
"WHY THE HELL WON'T YOU MAN UP AND DO THIS? DON'T YOU WANT TO LIVE IN THIS HELL FOREVER?"
"NO! I WOULD NEVER KILL ANYONE FOR ANY REASON! DO YOU KNOW HOW MAKI-ROLL WOULD FEEL?" Kaito's voice shook in anger.
"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR MAKI-ROLL! WE WON'T BE CAUGHT AS LONG AS YOU KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT!" Kokichi threw another punch but Kaito clearly didn't care about his pathetic attempts.
"TAKE THAT BACK!" Kaito growled. This time, it was Kaito who struck. The Ultimate Supreme Leader stumbled to the ground, his nose gushing out a waterfall of pink liquid.
"Wow.. Nice punch.." Kokichi said in a cocky voice as he got up and dusted himself off. "I believe that we've come to an agreement. I'll see you later then.." Kaito cocked his head at the boys words.
"Hey! I didn't agree on nothing!"
"Good day to you sir!" Kokichi unlocked the door and opened it...

"Kokichi.."