I'LL BREATHE

I was waiting for Jimin outside his office. As usual. After an immensely productive but exhausting day of work, a dose of Jimin was just what I needed. I was sitting in the car, listening to random songs on the radio and instantly felt better as I smelt arnica. But along with Jimin's regular floral scent was despair. Heart wrenching despair.

I watched as he made his way to me and I got out. Sure enough, there were tears flowing down his cheeks at an impossible speed and the tip of his nose was dusted pink. If he weren't so upset I would've kissed the breath out of him.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked once he was standing in front of me, his head hanging low. 

He looked into my eyes and tried to speak but his voice was croaky because of his sobs. Oh, my poor darling. I took his hand and got into the back seat, pulling him onto my lap. I rubbed his back soothingly.

"I-we were having a discussion. About ho-how to make the site more appealing," he choked out and another way of hysteria rolled over him and he rested his head on my shoulder as he trembled. "Everybody was just giving out ideas like getting new models, writing more articles and stuff like that.

"So I had an idea. And I figured it may help. You know how when you're buying something you click on it and you see a window which shows it's price, size and the model?"

I nodded.

"Well, I said that if we put a few more models of different body types wearing the same outfit people could judge better on what would suit them so that would indirectly increase sails."

"Jiminie, that's genius! So why are you crying?" I was so confused. 

He dabbed his fingers over his eyes harshly. I fished a handkerchief out of my pocket and handed it to him. "Thanks," he muttered. "And then this rude woman who's my senior said that it was bullshit. And right after that an intern said that we could try spreading body positivity. But isn't that just like what I said? But that bitch was like, 'That's wonderful!' So I told her that that was exactly my idea. She yelled at me, Kookie."

"She did what?!"

"She yelled at me. She said that I'm not a team player and that I'm just trying to make excuses for being incompetent," he said and I could hear the pain in his voice. "I know she must have been frustrated, that she may not have been in the right mindset. And I know that I'm deserving and competent. But why was it me? Am I an easy target? Can everyone see just about how insecure I am?"

I balled my fists in anger. This random, higher-post woman can't just treat her colleagues like that. Even I know that and I supervise more than fifty damn people! I decided I'll have a conversation with her later. Because right now my job was to comfort my Jimin.

"Jimin, do you know that-that you don't have to be exceptional to be happy? To make others happy?" I felt him pull away and look at me curiously. "You don't need to have an IQ of 149 to be worth it. You know you're doing your best and that it's enough. I see you work, honey, and trust me, your dedication is golden." Something on the street caught my eye. "Look," I said, gesturing outside the window. 

 There was a young girl holding her mother's hand and walking past us. And the dress she was wearing was one of Jimin's company's creations-a pretty, flower-printed dress that was a big success.

"You played a role in making her that happy, Jimin. Doesn't that mean something?"

Jimin nodded silently and I knew what I had to say next. "What are you, Jimin?"

"A human."

"A beautiful human," I corrected him. "So that means that you can't be?"

"Perfect."

"But that doesn't mean that you can't be?"

"Jungkook."

Wait, he was supposed to say wonderful. "What?"

He smiled and there weren't any tears flowing from his eyes anymore. "Jungkook is a synonym for wonderful."

I chuckled as my cheeks reddened. I was never going to get used to his flattery. "Okay, moving on. And the next time you feel like you're not perfect what will you do so that it reminds you that you're human? That you're fine just the way you are?"

"I'll breathe." He nestled closer into my embrace. "Thank you, Kookie."

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you, too."  

____________________________

Well, I J-hope this fluffy scene made you go awww.

If not then....read my other story 'Teach Me How to Feel!' 😂

Bye-bye.

___________________________