Chapter 14: Trust.

Isabel's POV

"Why do you ask that?" Instead of replying to my question, he asked me this. I sighed deeply.

"Could you just answer the question? Then I'll answer yours." I said and looked at him.

"Taléia and I are friends." He finally said and I bit lightly my bottom lip. "Your turn." He added.

"I just... saw that magazine in which you said that... she'd be amazing and you'd be a fool to not try to win her heart." I said, not mentioning the fact that Martina gave me the magazine, titling me as second choice. He looked at me, kind of studying my face. I wondered what he was thinking. "As I met Taléia... I had been suppressing the feelings for you." He started. "So, I felt attached to her. She's beautiful and smart. I said that to the press because it was the truth. I felt like that even if I knew I wouldn't have a chance with her because from the beginning I knew she was in love. In love with someone else and as it came out with Oscar." I didn't really know what to say, so I just listened to his words. I hadn't expected him to tell me that actually. I was actually thinking he'd be saying that the press just wrote that and he said that in another context but well, it wasn't like that. He had said it because he had meant it. Second choice. I cursed Martina for giving me this doubts about it. I wasn't sure what to think or how to feel at the moment.

"There was never something between me and her." He continued. "It has nothing to do with us." I breathed out frustrated and sat down. "How can you say it has nothing to do with us while there are people out there shipping you with her huh?" I said and looked down to him.

"Why would I care what other people think?" He said, sounding slightly annoyed by now.

"...because you eventually leave me because of them." I said, my voice trembling.

"Are you serious?" He said and sat down to be able to grab my chin and pulling me closer to him. "I love you Isa." He added. "Why would you doubt that?" He asked, voice sounding insecure.

"When you love me ... why didn't you tell me about Taléia? Why would I have to find out that you said something like that about her through Martina huh?" I looked at him and he suddenly looked like he was feeling himself in the wrong movie. "I didn't tell you about Taléia because it wasn't important in my eyes." He said, stroking with his hand softly over my cheek. I stood up and heard him sigh deeply. "It is important James...because the whole thing with Taléia makes me look like a second choice!" I stated. I looked back at him and could see the disbelief in his eyes. "I can't believe this is actually happening right now..." I heard him mumble. The disbelief changed and turned into anger, the longer he seemed to think about my words.

"You doubt my feelings for you? Really?" He stood up and placed himself in front of me. I looked up to him, not really knowing what to say. I was already regretting that I even started this whole discussion. "James... I..." I started but he cut me off.

"So you basically call me a liar." He said more calm then seconds ago.

"I'm not." I protested. "I'm just saying that..."
"That what?" Again he interrupted me. "That you feel like I wouldn't be honest with you? That I would've chosen Taléia over you? Or that I probably wouldn't love you huh?" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry..." I mumbled. I heard him laugh dryly.

"No need to be sorry." He said and I opened my eyes. "At least I know now where we are staying." He added and went past me. Where was he going? I followed him. "James... what do you mean with you know now where we are staying?" I asked and he stopped in front of the door. He turned around to look at me. "You don't trust me." He said and I looked at him shocked.

"I didn't say that!" I protested.

"You doubt my feelings for you. If you'd trust me... you wouldn't." I opened my mouth to say something but I didn't' know what so I just closed my mouth again. He grimaced lightly. I knew that with my silence I kind of agreed to his words. Didn't I trust him? I couldn't help but ask myself that. "A relationship without trust is pointless." He said and I got thrown out of my thoughts.

"What is that supposed to mean now?" I asked, scared of the answer.

"...as long as you don't know if you trust me or not... we're better off without each other." He said and opened the door to leave. I looked after him speechless.

Did he just break up with me?

James' POV

I couldn't believe that that just really happened. I went to my own room and sat down on my bed. I wasn't able to stop thinking about our conversations we had. When did I ever gave her the feeling she couldn't trust my words? Maybe I should've told her about Taléia but I never thought it'd be important. I never felt for Taléia like I'm feeling for Isa.

Martina.

I narrowed my eyes. I was convinced that she was the one who gave Isa the doubts. I just didn't understand why she was listening to her so much? I thought she dislikes her and now she believes her more than me?

Probably I overreacted a bit. But I felt hurt. She didn't trust me while I couldn't think of a reason when I gave her the feeling she couldn't. Since we started dating I did my best to show her how much she means to me and now this. I sighed deeply.

I needed some fresh air. I stood up and left the hotel room to go downstairs. Few minutes later I left the hotel and went for a walk.