Chapter 12: Matchday

James' POV

Few days had been gone since Isa's and my second date. Today was matchday and I had to admit that I was nervous - as always. I had already changed and was outside the locker room, walking around.

Like the first two games of course we wanted to win today again. We'd face Japan today - I wasn't sure what to think about the fact that I wouldn't play from the beginning but well, I'd give my best as soon as I would be in the game. Hopefully the coach would give me some time to play and not just five minutes. I didn't really like it sitting on the bench and just watch.

I stopped in the middle of the way as I felt two arms wrap around me from behind. A smile formed on my lips as I heard her voice. "Don't be so nervous handsome."

I turned around to look at her gorgeous face. "Easier said than done..." I replied but didn't let her the time to reply something to my words but put my lips on hers. I loved feeling her lips on mine.

The last days we both didn't really have time for each other. The coach took it really serious with the practice so at the evening I always was way too tired to really go out - but at least we fell asleep next to each other every night. I loved waking up next to her. 

She pulled lightly away and looked straight into my eyes. "I love you." She mumbled and hearing those words from her made me incredibly happy. "I love you too." I replied and kissed her again. She didn't let me kiss her long. "I've to check what José wants." She said and I slightly nodded. "I see you on the bench." She winked at me and I looked after her. How did I deserve her? She was just amazing. 

"James?" I turned around and looked surprised at Martina. 

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I asked right away. She wasn't allowed to be here. José said he didn't want her to be involved in everything that's why she just got tickets for the game but no access to the locker rooms. Seemed like he didn't really trust his niece. "I just wanted to wish you guys good luck for the match." I smiled lightly at her. 

"Thank you but now you should go to your place. Not that José gets trouble because of you." I said and she nodded but came closer to me. I froze lightly as I felt her lips on my cheek. "Good luck James." She said and turned around. Frowning I looked after her. She knew that I didn't really want to have anything to do with her after how she treated Isa ... so why did she kiss me? Even if she just kissed me on my cheek. I knew Isa wouldn't like to hear that at all - not that I was going to tell her. It meant nothing for me. I was just hoping that it didn't mean anything to Martina. That girl had caused already enough trouble. 

I turned around as I heard voices and looked at the other guys who came out of the locker room. Together with them I went onto the field - where I first had to place myself on the bench.

Isabel's POV

 I felt his gaze on me and rolled my eyes grinning. I looked over to him and put my tongue out which caused him to chuckle. James was sitting a bit away from me on the bench but he kept on looking over to me. I pointed to the field and he looked away from me. I knew that he didn't like it sitting on the bench. Which player did that? But I was sure that José would put him in soon. How could he not let James play?

I could tell he was itching to play but the first half was about to end. We were leading with one goal but in the one minute more, a japanese player scored. Ugh. 

Okay. That wasn't the end of the game yet so - we still could win. There were still 45 minutes to play. 

I went with the team to the locker room. In there José said something and left then. I felt two arms wrap around me and turned around to look at James. I breathed a kiss on his cheek. He smiled. God, I loved that gorgeous smile of his.