Chapter 3: Dinner

I slightly bit my bottom lip and looked into the mirror. I wasn't sure if the long silvery dress was a good idea but I had to admit that I looked great in it. Well, I needed James to see me as a woman and not as his 'sister'. I grimaced as I remembered his words from earlier today in the bus. Maybe it was my own mistake that he thought about me like that? I never really flirted or showed him in any other way that I'd be interested in him somehow more. 

I needed to change that or? Or I had to keep my feelings for myself all the time... it was hard enough not to stare at him... trying to hide my feelings in front of him. I was good in acting but even I had my limits. 

A knock on the door made me look away from the mirror. Who was that? I looked over to the clock and realized that it was about time to leave. I went to the door and open it. 

Juan and James were staying in front of it, with a smile on their lips. As they saw me, both of them looked at me with open mouth. I raised an eyebrow. "What?" I asked confused as they both kept staring. "Do I have something in my face or what?" I asked bit harshly and both of them finally made it to say something.

"No... you look..." Juan started.

"Stunning." James ended, and I looked over at him. A smile formed on my lips.

"Thank you... well... we should go shouldn't we?" I asked while pushing them both to walk backwards so I could walk out of my hotel room, and close the door behind me. I grinned as I turned my back at them and heard them breath in sharply. I should've mention that the back was open. 

I turned around to look back them, both watched me. "Shall we?" I asked, turning away from them and made myself on the way to the elevator. Outside of the hotel was a limo waiting for us, and the rest of the team ofc. 

Inside the limo I sat down next to Santiago and Victor. I talked to them and during the ride I could feel some gazes on me; even if I didn't dare to look over to James. Even if I was curious if he was looking over to me sometimes.

The limo stopped in front of the restaurant, and the guys climbed out. I was almost the last one. Just as I wanted to climb out, someone outside hold his hand out to help me. I grabbed it thankfully and went out. I looked at him, and a smile formed on my lips as I saw that I was holding James hand. He smiled at me, and I smiled back.

"James... did I mention how handsome you look in this suit?" I said, while I walked next to him, to enter the restaurant. "Not yet... but I did mention you look stunning did I?" He said, while he looked over to me, a smile on his lips. I smiled and nodded. "You did."

I tried to not look to happy about the fact that he said I was looking stunning. Not really a word you'd use to describe your sister. 

We went together to the table, that had been prepared for us, and sat down next to each other. On my other side sat Santiago down. I looked over to him, and started to talk with him. 

I ended up talking to him and to Juan in front of me almost all night. I didn't want to ignore James, but I ended up doing exactly that. At least he seemed to feel that I was ignoring him.

I took a sip of my water and looked over to him, as he tapped my shoulder. His eyes met mine. "I don't want to complain but I feel a bit left out." He whispered into my ear and I shivered lightly, as I felt his warm breath on my cheek. His face was way to close to mine, and I felt like my heart is going to jump out of my chest any time soon.

I gulped and tried to act that his proximity didn't have any effect on me. "Daw... " I lifted my free hand and patted his cheek. "I'm sorry Jamesii... I didn't want that." He grimaced as he heard how I named him. What did I do? Why did I say that? Why did I say Jamesii? Oh dear. Of course he thought of me like a sister, if I teased him like that.

I looked away from him and took a spoon from my mousse au chocolat. I turned around and held the spoon in front of him mouth. "Want to try?" I asked him and he smiled. That adorable smile of his. 

I did really gave James something to eat from my dessert. He looked into my eyes, and I slightly bit my bottom lip. 

"Isa?" I looked away from him as I heard Santiago saying my name. "Yes?" I asked awkwardly. Why did I feel like I did something? Like I got caught doing something while I just looked into James eyes? "What do you think about the Brazil national team?" He asked and I blinked a few times confused. Why did he have to ask me that right now? I shrugged lightly.

"I think they're good... and some of them are actually really good-looking." I stated.

"Neymar fangirl huh?" Juan teased and I opened my mouth slightly.

"Hello? Who said something about Neymar now?" I replied. They chuckled. "So you want to say you don't think he's good-looking?" Santiago asked.

"I didn't say that..." I mumbled.

"Uhh.. so you'd want to get to know him better?" Juan teased. I opened my mouth, not really knowing what to reply. 

"Guys... " I heard James saying and looked over to him. "Stop teasing Isa. If she likes Neymar then she does that and she might get the chance to meet him during the World Cup so..."

"So we're going to help her to get him?" Juan wiggled his eyebrows as I looked at him shocked, with open mouth. Was he serious? He knew that I had feelings for James and not for Neymar, even if I'd admit that Neymar was hot. 

I felt James moving lightly. Was he feeling uncomfortable? "Can we leave this topic?" I insisted and they nodded. Maybe I just imagined it but James looked relieved. 

The rest of the evening I spend with talking to James. We all together left the restaurant then and got droven back to the hotel. 

At the end it was just James and me in the elevator, our hotel was in the same floor. All the others had left the elevator already, and some of the others were in the second one. 

"It was a great evening don't you think?" James broke the silence and I nodded lightly. "It's always great spending time with all of you guys." I replied and looked over to him. He smiled.

He looked away from me as the elevator stopped and the door opened. We left both together and walked next to each other along the hallway. It was kind of a awkward atmosphere between us. What happen? Normally I would've teased him about something... okay we actually never ended just the two of us... Juan or Santiago were always around...

I stopped in front of my room and looked at him, with a slight smile on my lips. "Good night James." I said and he leaned down to me. He breathed a kiss on my cheek. "Good night Isa." Our eyes met as he brought again bit distance between us. 

"JAMES!" Both of us looked away from each other and saw Santiago coming closer. His room was next to James'. "Good night Isaa!" He said and pushed James further. "See you tomorrow." I shook my head. Santiago definitly had drunk a bit to much. 

I turned around dand opened the door... but couldn't resist to look over my shoulder. James' room was like three doors away from mine. Our eyes met again. He smiled before he disappeared in his room.