Chapter 13: Doubt

Isabel's POV

I really tried to not let Martina's words effect me but I couldn't help it. As we arrived at the hotel and the guys wanted to spend some time in the hotel lounge, I left them. I told them I would have headache and needed to rest a bit. I'd celebrate later with them the victory.

Now I was lying on my bed and felt insecure. What if Martina was right? What if James was just with me to get over Taléia? Why was I even thinking that? "Maybe because he didn't mention her once." I thought to myself and sighed deeply. I had no idea what actually had happen between James and Taléia but I refused to believe, that I was just second choice. The way he looked at me. He couldn't fake that or? He wasn't an actor. "You don't want to believe it but... here you are doubting every word he said to you..." I closed my eyes as I thought that. I shouldn't doubt on him.

A knock on the door made me open my eyes. Who was that? "Come in!" I shouted and soon afterwards I heard the door open and steps approach. Amanda looked at me worried. "What's up babe? And don't tell me... headache... I know you better than anyone else... you maybe can fool the guys with it but not me. What happen?" She started talking without giving me the time to say something. She placed herself on my bed, looking curious at me now. "Why do you doubt that I have headache?"

"First... because you don't look like you have headache. Yes." She nodded. "I can see it when you have headache because if they are tense you get lightly pale." I grimaced. She knew me to well. I sighed and gave her the magazine which I had let open next to me. She frowned but looked at it. "Where did you have this from?"

"Martina." I replied shortly and she breathed out.

"And? Why is this bothering you so much?" She asked.

"I don't know actually... probably because of Martina's words... she said how it would feel being second choice." I got quieter against the end. "You're not a second choice! Hellu? You seriously believe that now? Because of what Martina said and this one sentence James said? Probably taken totally out of context how journalists always do."

I bit my bottom lip and felt stupid. "Sweetheart." I had lowered my gaze and looked back at her. "James loves you. The way he looks at you... like you'd be his world. No one can fake such a look." I pressed my lips on each other.

"It's just..." I sighed. "He didn't mention her once ... I mean... there are people who think there is something between them. People who make picture of both of them... and... "

"And no one knows something about you two. Isn't that better? I mean... what do you think what the press would write about James and you? Colombian Football star falls in love with a helper..?"  I grimaced at her words.

"Guess... Colombian football star falls in love with the Brazilian beauty makes a better title story." I said and she rolled her eyes. "I'm sure that if you'd tell James about it he'd make it official because of you."

"What would he make official Amanda? I'm not even sure if we are a couple yet!"

"Of course you are a couple... could you stop let Martina get into your head? All she wants is that you take distance to James so she can be all over him." She stood up and looked pretty much annoyed at me. "If you want to keep Mr. Rodríguez you shouldn't doubt every word he said to you and for sure not believe the words of such a stupid slut, like Martina is. Get your ass up and go to your man or he'll be taken away from you faster than you think. If it worries you so much what's between him and that girl..." She pointed to the magazine. "Ask him. I'm sure he'll tell you." She was right. Did I really want to lose James because Martina made me to doubt things between us? No. Definitely not.

Together with Amanda I left my room and we made us on the way to the elevator. We stopped in front of them and waited for them to open. We wanted to go to the guys. The door opened and a smile formed on my lips, as James stepped out of it. "Hey beautiful." He said and came over to me; softly he placed his lips on mine. It was just a short kiss but I felt like thousands of butterflies went crazy in my stomach. "Hey handsome." I replied.

"I wanted to check up on you." He said. "I thought maybe you could use some company." I smiled as he said that.

"Daw... you guys are to cute. I leave you alone." Amanda said and stepped into the elevator before the doors closed. "Don't forget my words Isa." She shouted over to me shortly before the doors closed.  James looked frowning over his shoulder.

"What does she mean?" He asked, as he looked back at me.

"Not important." I replied before I turned around to go back to me room. He followed me.

Inside there I went to sit down on my bed and so did he. He placed himself next to me and pulled me into a hug. I buried my face into his chest and closed my eyes, breathing his good smell. God, it wasn't fair that he smelled so good and it definitely wasn't fair that he was so good looking. How could I ever be sure that he was just mine? "Never I guess..."

"Are you feeling better?" He asked which caused me to look up frowning at him.

"Better?" I asked confused.

"Your headache?" He added and raised an eyebrow lightly. Opps.

"Ehm... yes.... I feel better." I replied and he smiled. That smile tho.

"Good."

We ended up lying on my bed, cuddled up to each other. I could stay like this forever to be honest. I felt his hand stroking softly over my back. "The others await us in one hour at the lobby." He said and I bit lightly my bottom lip. Of course they wanted to celebrate the victory. "Okay." I said looked into his gorgeous face. I hesitated but I had to ask him or it'd haunt me. "James...?"

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something?" That was such a stupid question but I couldn't just ask him right away.

"Of course love. You can ask me anything." He replied which caused me to smile. He was way to cute to be real.

"What is between you and Taléia?" I asked and I felt as he froze lightly. Guess he hadn't expected this question.