Chapter 8: BFF

Isabel's POV

After I hadn't made it to sleep all night, I stood up the next morning as the alarm set off. I went straight to the bathroom and sighed sadly as I looked into the mirror. My eyes were swollen from the crying almost all night; at least I had managed it to call Amanda, my best friend, who sadly couldn't join me here in Brazil back then. It helped me talking to her and she actually had managed it to make me laugh a bit while she cursed about those 'stupid, blind, naive Idiots' of the Colombian national team.

I took a shower and after I dressed up I put some make up on; I didn't want them to see that I had been crying - well I'd do my best to avoid walking into their way - hopefully José didn't want me to attend the practice today. I took my phone and afterwards I left my room - I needed something to eat and it was breakfast time. Because I wasn't in the mood to join the guys, I didn't go to the separate room that had been made for them; nope; I joined the other few guests in the hotel restaurant.

I took my phone out and after opening the Twitter app, I scrolled through a few tweets - I needed to distract my own thoughts somehow. I didn't want to think about the guys, especially James or Martina. Guess José had to look after her on his own, because I wasn't going to spend any of my time with her.

"Isabel?" I looked up and met Mario's face. He was looking at me confused. "What are you doing so alone here?" He asked, while he decided to sit down on my opposite. He hadn't been there today morning so he couldn't know. "Let's just say I wasn't in the mood to join your teammates." I said and took a bite of the bread I was holding in my hand. He frowned. "Did something happen? I feel like I missed something."

I sighed quietly and put the bread aside. Should I tell him? How would he react? "Isabel you know you can tell me anything? What did those idiots do?" The fact that he called them idiots before he even knew what they did made me smile lightly. Well, Mario had been the first one of the team I got along with so I decided to tell him; at least I wanted him to know my part of the story before Martina got the chance to tell him something - yeah I was fearing that she could get him to think I wasn't good enough too.

He looked at me with wide eyes and open mouth. I bit my bottom lip lightly and looked at him, not knowing what to add. "Are they crazy?" He managed to say after blinking a few times. "I can't believe this... I mean..." He grimaced. "I knew that Martina would be causing trouble the first second I saw her." I lowered my gaze and tried to hold back the tears that were coming back into my tears."Hey."  I looked up and blinked a few times as I felt his hand under my chin. "Don't take her words to personal. She doesn't know you and trust me the guys will regret that they didn't step in for you the second you show them your cold shoulder, which you actually should do I'm totally on your side on this. Cowards! After all those weeks spending time with you they should've not let her say such things to you."

I smiled lightly. "Thank you... and I will. They shouldn't even think of that a simple 'I'm sorry' will get them my forgiveness if they actually will want that." I mumbled the last part quietly.

"Oh I'm sure they will." Mario said, slightly nodding to underline his statement. He ended up eating breakfast here with me, so we talked about several things. It was quite comforting knowing that Mario was on my side, that he was seeing me as a friend and not just as someone who was working with them - not like the others who had given me that feeling today morning.

Few time later I was holding some papers in my hand which I was about to bring to José. I slowly walked over to him, while I felt some gazes on me. I had been avoiding the guys all day - just doing some things for José. "Ah Isabel. Thank you." José said as I gave him the letter. "For the rest of the day you can take free. You did enough yesterday." He said, giving me a smile. "Thank you."